Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I eating ok? plus (pain in legs, numb tongue) cyst like bumps?

so a tad over 2wks post op. soft food stage by the way.. wondering if what I've been munching on is decent?

Today I had 3 slices of lunch meat (turkey) for Breakfast

lunch was 2oz cottage cheese w/ dry milk

dinner string cheese and 1 tbs Peanut Butter

liquids so far 2 cups, working on getting in another 3 before bed.

Working on 2 cups milk + 1/3-1/4 cup Water with dry milk mixed in.

Total just a bit over 42grams Protein once I'm done.

By the way I've been feeling like my tongue is numb, randomly on an off. I can't tell if its in my head or what, to top it off the pain in my legs hasn't gone away, sometimes it feels a bit worse and I've been getting these cyst like bumps on my legs. I feel feel them under my skin and a few are sticking out. Its a little worrysome :/ anyone ever experience anything like this??? I've also noticed the chest pain I'd been getting hasn't gone away much either, even though I'd taken the antibiotics given for my pnuemonia. I'm wondering if I still have it, or its something else..

As for those bumps please have those checked asap. Don't wait!

And at 2 weeks out you should only have puréed food. Like chicken with broth in a blender, or split pea Soup, Greek yogurt. Blend your food. And not all foods. Than about 4-5 weeks after surgery you can have soft foods. tuna, chicken, eggs, hummus, cottage cheese, look ideas up. Google puréed diet food and stages for biactric. post-266890-14485283660715_thumb.jpg post-266890-14485283798416_thumb.jpg

so a tad over 2wks post op. soft food stage by the way.. wondering if what I've been munching on is decent?

Today I had 3 slices of lunch meat (turkey) for Breakfast

liquids so far 2 cups, working on getting in another 3 before bed.

By the way I've been feeling like my tongue is numb, randomly on an off. I can't tell if its in my head or what, to top it off the pain in my legs hasn't gone away, sometimes it feels a bit worse and I've been getting these cyst like bumps on my legs. I feel feel them under my skin and a few are sticking out. Its a little worrysome :/ anyone ever experience anything like this??? I've also noticed the chest pain I'd been getting hasn't gone away much either, even though I'd taken the antibiotics given for my pnuemonia. I'm wondering if I still have it, or its something else..

Are you walking at all. My doctor warned me about getting blood clots if I didn't stay on top of my walking. And I mean every single day since surgery. Heck,even the day of. I was maybe back from recovery and hour or 2 if that long, and they had me up walking. I was crying like hell but, walking. Plus my trapped gas was so bad nobody had to tell me to walk. Heck, it was so bad I'd be on my treadmill while drinking my Protein shake so that I wouldn't get gas. And it helped a lot.

Plus if was still too long, I'd get up and walk. Because maybe a week or less out, my legs and feet would get numb and tingly and yep you guessed it, I walked. And I've not had any more problems. Aside from the fact I have had a few minor chest pains under my left breast . If it becomes a problem I'll call my doctor.

I hope this helps.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Those bumps on your leg could be a pulmonary embolism, the numb tongue could be first signs of a stroke. Both could be caused by a blood clot. Please proceed to the nearest emergency room!

Hey everyone, by the way I'm only going by the plan my doctor gave me so you guys are aware. We only had to do pureed 2wks, an then soft food 2wks. Which is what I'm on right now. And yes as for exercise I'm walking every hour for atleast 5 mins, and whenever sitting I make sure to strech my legs, and move my feet in circles to help get some blood flow. I walk atleast 60mins a day all together. Anyway focusonmenow has got me freaked out! I mean I found those bumps weird, when I showed the nurse an she touched one she said "Thats so weird, I don't know what it is but it can't be a blood clot because it would be deeper in the leg" So I just don't even know but now I'm freaked out and I woke up at like 4am, my heart was racing and I had this weird feeling in my chest.. I wanna wait it out because I don't know how serious it is but at the same time its like..waiting may not be the best option if it is. I just don't even know!

Those bumps on your leg could be a pulmonary embolism, the numb tongue could be first signs of a stroke. Both could be caused by a blood clot. Please proceed to the nearest emergency room!

No, and no. First, a blood clot in the leg is not the same thing as a pulmonary embolism. A pulmonary embolism is a clot in the lung, not in the leg (though they can travel to the lung from the leg). And a clot in the leg doesn't look, or feel, anything like a cyst. An intermittent numbness in the tongue is not the same thing as the kind of numbness that may be a sign of stroke.

To the OP, it does sound as though you're anxious. Please check with your surgeon for any symptoms that worry you.

Today I had 3 slices of lunch meat (turkey) for breakfast

Liquids so far 2 cups, working on getting in another 3 before bed.

By liquids you mean fluids? Sounds okay, but I would call the doctor about the other symptoms. It may be nothing, but better safe than sorry.

As for those bumps please have those checked asap. Don't wait!

And at 2 weeks out you should only have puréed food. Like chicken with broth in a blender, or split pea Soup, Greek yogurt. Blend your food. And not all foods. Than about 4-5 weeks after surgery you can have soft foods. tuna, chicken, eggs, hummus, cottage cheese, look ideas up. Google puréed diet food and stages for biactric. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1448528364.755575.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1448528378.704003.jpg

Not every doctor follows the exact same protocol. OP mentioned that per her program she was on soft foods.

I am familiar with the difference between a DVT and a PE but as was mentioned the former can easily become the later.

The lumps are lipomas. I have them on my trunk and thighs. They're little fat balls that you can feel under your skin once you lose weight. Totally harmless. ????