Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gallbladder surgery was a piece of cake!

Kindle

Had surgery about 8:30 this morning. Was home by 2 and stopped by Staples, the grocery store and post office on the way home. I can't believe how good I feel. Actually kind of wired.....been puttering around the house for almost 3 hours. Finally decided I better sit down and relax or I may be sorry tomorrow.

So looks like I'll be eating thanksgiving dinner at Grandmas after all. Won't have to wait for leftovers. Yeah!

Told you! I had some complications, but the surgery itself was easy peasy!

I'm glad you're doing well! Take it easy and Happy Thanksgiving!

YAY! Glad all went well. Take it easy. It may still be the pain meds haven't fully worn off yet.

Glad to hear you are doing well. Take care of yourself!

Just wanted to add this is all so surreal. It's like a VSG flashback. My belly is super swollen and my incisions, although in different places look exactly the same. I'm also too bloated to eat or drink much, so my sleeve feels like the original restriction. All I could manage was one tablespoon each of potatoes, stuffing, yams and turkey yesterday. Did manage to eat a sliver of pumpkin pie with whipped cream, though! Been eatin Jello, Soup and sippin on Protein shakes and hot chocolate all day today. I'm super chilled just like after VSG. Luckily no gas pain this time, either. I'm taking Miralax and lots of Fiber to help with my post-anesthesia Constipation. Looking forward to a shower tomorrow and hoping I poop soon.

It's just so weird to be right back where I started.....

As good as you feel, cool it. I went back to work a few days after surgery and was utterly exhausted after 8 hours on my feet. I felt great, but it caught up with me.

Take it easy, no matter how good you feel. Your body is still healing.

Glad to hear it went well!

Thanks all! Back to work yesterday and all went well. I thought I'd be tired or sore but it was actually great to get off the couch where I had forced myself to camp out all weekend. The hardest thing is making myself not lift stuff cause it's just such a natural action and something I normally do 50 times/day. My belly is still too swollen to wear jeans, but fortunately I can get away with wearing sweats or scrubs over my long underwear. With single digit temps (both positive and negative) no one cares what you wear around here anyways, as long as you're staying warm.

Edited by Kindle

@@Kindle Great to hear! I had my very first Gallbladder attack last night. I survived it without going to the ER (I know, I know) I do have a sonogram in the morning tomorrow.

I never went to the ER either. I called my doctor when the first one was happening (I pretty much knew what it was but didn't think it would hurt THAT much). He basically told me to suck it up but if it lasted more than a couple hours I should probably be seen. Luckily it was over in about 75 minutes. The other 3 lasted from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours. I was literally dialling a friend to come take me to the ER for that longest one but then it gradually stopped.

As for ultrasound, I did them myself all along and although there was sludge, no stones actually appeared for almost a year. Once I saw them I had to schedule an "official" ultrasound with a radiologist to get the surgery/insurance ball rolling.

Good luck with yours! If I had it to do over again I would have had surgery a lot sooner. Actually, I would have had them take it out with my VSG . Would have only been an extra $500 rather than the $5000 deductible I'm out again this year.

Edited by Kindle

I had my sonogram today. Guess who has gall stones and has to have her gallbladder out? This girl. MAN! I knew it!! Trying to get it done before the end of the year since I met my OOP. Think it's doable??? cross your fingers!