Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Utah Forum!

Guest Tasharoo

Guest Tasharoo

Hey! I'd love to get this Utah Forum going! I have really enjoyed the support I received from another site and would love to hear from somemore people in Utah having the same things done! Spread the word!

Tasha

Banded 8/11/03

-15 lbs!!!

Guest bandgirl

Hi there! I was banded on 8/25/03 by Dr. Alldredge at Alta View. So far, so good! I still have some pain at the port site, especially when I bend over, but overall I am feeling great! I lost 14 lbs the first week but so far this week I am down only 1 more. Of course the first week I was only taking in about 400 calories a day! I would love to see this Utah board grow!

bandgirl

Guest Tasharoo

Hey Bandgirl~

It's great to meet you! I was banded by Dr. A on Aug. 11. I've hovering around the 17-19 lbs. lost. I think the inches are coming off now... just where does all that fat go? It's amazing! I started working out Tuesday and it feels great! I've gone everyday so far...3 days in a row! I'm really enjoying it!

Will you be at the support group on the 16th? I hope to meet you then! Also here's another lap band message board:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/surgtype-forums/LapBand/posts

And one for Utah, not just for banders but RNY patients too:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/state-forums/UT/posts.html

I kind of like obesityhelp.com because they have before & after pictures to look at ... they are amazing and inspiring!

I also have my profile page there, check it out:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=B1055361032&NoStatic=1

Looking forward to meeting you!

Tash

I was just banded at Salt Lake Regional on 11/14/07 (6 days ago) by Dr. Steven Simper (based mostly at St. Mark's). I am down 15.2 lbs. I can't believe it. I would love to get this Utah forum up and running, I will spread the word.

I was banded on 12-6-07 by Dr. Alldredge. I'm feeling pretty good but do have some soreness on the port side. Eating and drinking has been weird! I am afraid of not having enough nutrition. I feel somewhat weak from surgery and I figure this all will pass in the next few days. Glad I finally did something about my weight. I hope all goes well in the next few months.

Hey, I would love to be a part of the Utah forum as well. I was banded on October 8 by Dr. Hansen. I have lost about 16 pounds since I have been banded. I would love to chat with other Utahns in my situation.

I have been on this life changing journey for 7 months now. What a great thing this has been. It has helped to change my life. I am enetered in my first triathlon on Saturday. I have been training pretty steadily for two and a half months now. I never thought I'd run 100 yds again, let alone 5k.

I hope the rest of you are having great results too!!!

Hi everyone!! I am in the process of seeing my surgeon (Dr. Richards) for the first time next week...we are stationed up at Hill AFB so I'm trying to go through Tricare insurance for my surgery. Anyone else see Dr Richards or Salt lake Regional Med center?

I am having Dr. Richard do my surgery! Have you already had the surgery done? My pre op is on August 6, and my surgery is August 19, If you have any comments on your experience I would love to hear from you.

I live in Kaysville Utah

Lotsawater - No surgery yet! I had to have a few tests done, turns out I have a hiatal hernia that he can fix when he does the lapband, and gallbladder probs that have to be done later. I ended up seeing Dr Cottam b/c Richards was out for a while when I had my consult. I just barely got everything turned in so Jill can submit it to insurance, hopefully today or tomorrow!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

How is your journey going? Thats great that you actually have a date! You'll have to let me know how your pre-op goes. Its nice to know someone who is dealing with the same office!

Hi Utah People! My date is Jan. 12, 2010 with Dr. McKeen who works out of Orem and San Jose. I'd LOVE to hear from some of you who were banded years ago to know how you're doing, and would also love to hear from anyone being banded around the same time I am. Support from those you actually know makes all the difference.

Hi All! I'm being banded Jan. 12, 2010 and I would love to hear from any and all of you who were banded in the past or who are going to be banded around the same time I am. I'm a great source of support, I promise, and I think supporting each other can be key to this journey... Hope to hear from all of you...

Cherie

Hello to everyone! I live in SLC, but was banded by

Dr. Kirshenbaum in Denver, Co. seeing as I didn't have insurance to cover it. He was several thousand cheaper than the SLC Dr's I looked into.