Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Actually, it varies person by person, and surgeon by surgeon. Some surgeons say "no caffeine ever again" and some allow a cup of coffee per day at 6 months out, and some allow only Decaf, etc. My surgeon basically said she can't stop me, but highly recommends I stay away from it for at least several months more. My body is going through huge changes, and getting all my Water in is already difficult, and coffee dehydrates you. Fortunately I've never been much of a coffee person. :) But still, make sure you ask your surgeon.

My surgeon said Decaf for the first few months. But he also said that if I do have caffeine again to limit it to 1 cup a day.

To be honest - after surgery, some of my taste buds have changed! I couldn't even handle the smell of coffee for up to 5 or so weeks afterwards! I have had a few cups of coffee since but I never actually finish the cup. I don't even enjoy it anymore. I have switched to an espresso shot but only because I think I still crave something warm first thing in the morning. But I can't handle how that makes me feel! I'm so frickin' jittery and my heart races.

I always thought that there was more caffeine in actual coffee than espresso....

(Someone jump in here to clarify, if you know!)

I was actually thinking of not having anything and see how I do.

Working at 0700, 5 days a week - I might need SOMETHING tho!

I guess I could try decaf.... hmmmm there's an idea..

you never know, maybe you'll come out of surgery cured from your caffeine addiction! :)

Edited by heather5565

Hate to break it to you but espresso is more concentrated than regular coffee. Depending on how it's made. That's pro b ably why your heart is racing and you are jittery. Massive caffeine overload. Switch to Decaf if you are.loomibg for something hot or even tea. Goodluck.

I would love to come out of surgery not liking coffee. I've been having mainly Decaf, but some mornings I want the caffeine.

weight.png

Ok, I'm having trouble capturing my beginning weight on the ticker. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

@@NewlifeBarb you can do it easier on this right side of any page on this site. Scroll down to the bottomr of the column, past all the posts, and there will be a small window there that says "we've lost this amount total" or some such. You can change starting and current weight there. :)

Hate to break it to you but espresso is more concentrated than regular coffee. Depending on how it's made. That's pro b ably why your heart is racing and you are jittery. Massive caffeine overload. Switch to Decaf if you are.loomibg for something hot or even tea. Goodluck.

Ah yes, this makes total sense!

Hence the SHOT of espresso..!

Thanks!