Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two weeks post-op

Greetings! This is my first post to this forum. Just signed up a couple of days ago. I had my gastric sleeve surgery done on Nov. 4th. To date, I have been doing really well. Just a couple of bouts of nausea but no vomiting at all. For the most part, I've managed to meet my Protein and liquid requirements. I have lost over 11 lbs. since my surgery - does that sound normal?

I know everyone is different. Just want to hear from others if that sounds "typical" for the first 2 weeks post-op.

As you say, everyone is different. There is no "typical." But it doesn't sound completely out of range with what I have seen others here post.

As you go forward, remember what Teddy Roosevelt said: comparison is the thief of joy.

Congrats on your first post and surgery!

I'm still pre op until Monday. I'm on a 10 day liquid diet. Yesterday I pretty much gagged and cried while getting my Protein Shakes down. Today I've thrown both up. Sorry if that's tmi. broth doesn't make me full and my unflavored Protein isn't here yet. I live in a very rural small town.

What did you guys do when you were on your pre op diet? Advice would be so appreciated!

Welcome! It sounds like you are doing great. Getting in your Protein and Fluid is the most important thing right now. You are right on track.

Just a heads up, you will probably stall about week three which is completely normal.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Thanks for the heads up Inner Surfer Girl. Tomorrow is my 2 week post-op appointment with the surgeon and I had no idea of where I should be with lbs lost.

Hi I had my surgery on 5th Nov so 2 weeks today . Have not been able to tolerate Protein Shakes since first week . But been making loads of high Protein Soups which have gone down better . Hard work drinking the amounts we have to but try drinking through out the night to keep leaves up . Start on purée food today. 21 pound down xx

I am 3 weeks post op and have lost roughly 17lbs since day of surgery. I haven't lost anything this week and am just hearing about the 3 week stall. But I think u are on the right track with lbs lost although I know everyone is different.