Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'M NOT EVEN HUNGRY BUT EVERYTHING LOOKS SO GOOD!?!

Omg it's like foamie spit that comes up I was told eating to fast or should I say SIPPING

Girllllllllll lol, I haven't had that yet but I'm so scared to even experience things such as that, or throwing up and acid reflux. I literally take my damn time. Idc if it takes me 2 days to drink broth, I'm chicken as hell. I do not care lol.

And what exactly are you "sipping" on to get your daily Protein intake? I'm having the hardest time. I'll literally drink two table spoons of V8 in the morning when I FEEL like it, then at night I'll drink like 10-15 mg of broth and ofc sip on my Water throughout the day. Zero Protein whatsoever!

You can't wait until you feel like it. You have to get it all in whether you feel like it or not. Make a schedule and sip all day.

I'm not really hungry much but my sense of smell is on fire lately. Everything smells so good ????

So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! lol, it's comforting knowing I'm not alone. I'm finally getting to eat pureees and I swear to you I'm in heaven. I can tolerate a lot more things now. I hardly crave (although sometimes it's there, I won't lie) BUT I do feel like I have grown more from the stage I use to be in.

I am feeling the same way!!!! It is driving me crazy, and making me grumpy!!!! Does this ever stop?

You guys are all experiencing "head hunger." It's pretty intense during the pure liquid phase for most people. How to deal with it: 1. Keep your mind and hands occupied with something else. 2. Avoid food, as you can. TV commercials driving you nuts? Turn off the TV. Watch movies or Netflix instead. Or read.

I live alone and my dad stayed with me for a little more than a week after I got home from the hospital. He still needed to eat, so we struck compromises. He was kind enough not to talk about food, eat some meals out, not heat foods in the microwave or oven that would give off strong aromas. I still dreamed about food every night.

Yes, the very intense head hunger of this time will pass. Things changed when I moved to puree and solid food. You get to have some different textures and flavors. I also think this is when reality sinks in a bit more and you get more used to your new life of smaller portions and protein-based meals. You will likely have head hunger again at some point. This phase can help you learn the difference between real and head hunger and develop strategies for when head hunger hits later down the road.

I think it's because we are so restricted in our diets, EVERYTHING looks amazing because we can't have it.

There's only so many Protein shakes and cans of Soup you can eat before your head hunger kicks in and you start going crazy.

My SO has been buying fish lately because he knows I absolutely detest it. I've started watching him eat it and have my mouth watering. Eugh.

It's definitely the texture of food that I miss too.

Yes I felt the same way! I think in my second week the head hunger started to wear off and it's a struggle to eat anything at all bc of lack of appetite. I'm only 3 weeks 2 days out and btw I have stalled this week which I hear is very common in the third week just FYI :/ . But things have gotten a lot aside with not wanting everything in sight so hang in there!