Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'M NOT EVEN HUNGRY BUT EVERYTHING LOOKS SO GOOD!?!

Ah, appetite! 'tis a cruel mistress, don't worry, we've all experienced these cravings, you'll satiate them soon enough in a couple of months.

Omg, someone help me like what the heck is going on! I praise the lord for this surgery but who would of ever thought I would have these many cravings? Whether it's the Hillshire GO meat commercial to an Olive Garden commercial! Every little thing looks so good to me. Did anyone else feel like this a week after their surgery? I'm 4 days post op btw!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I went to a kids party yesterday, with bbq foods and candy/cookies galore. Twas quite miserable as I wanted a bite of it all. I was good though. I'm only a week out.

Oh yes. Especially at 4-days post op, you are still battling head hunger big time. I remember sitting there in my recliner, just a few days post op, with the TV on thinking that I never noticed how many freaking food commercials there are! And driving places, how many fast food places there are. It was very irritating! After a while, as the cravings died, that stuff looked less and less appealing. There are still days for me (now 2 years post op) where I all I can do is think of food. But for me, at this point, those days have more to do with outside stressors and my mind/body wanting to revert to my old coping mechanism of numbing the stress with food. So, I guess the moral of the story is that I think what you're experiencing is totally normal for the stage you are at, and that it will get way better as you stick to the program, but there will still be days - even years post op - where you are still fighting the good fight. :-)

I envy you so much.

I'm so ready to get to that stage where I can eat normally and go out with friends while eating without it being awkward.

Why is is awkward? I started going out with friends, clients and team members week one and it's never been awkward because I won't let it be.

I'm watching my weight.

I'm really not hungry.

I ate before I came.

My tummy isn't feeling right.

I'm doing a liquid cleanse.

I had a huge breakfast/lunch/dinner.

I'll just have a drink today.

I'm just in the mood for a cup of Soup.

The less notice I bring to what I eat, the less people notice. ;)

I envy you so much.

I'm so ready to get to that stage where I can eat normally and go out with friends while eating without it being awkward.

I'm watching my weight.

I'm really not hungry.

I ate before I came.

I'm just in the mood for a cup of Soup.< /p>

I'm more a "fuck off and mind your own business" girl, myself.

I envy you so much.

I'm watching my weight.

I'm really not hungry.

I ate before I came.

I'm just in the mood for a cup of Soup.

I'm more a "f**k off and mind your own business" girl, myself.

Trust me, I am screeching this on the inside. Can't really say that in a business meeting with clients or team members, unfortunately. :D

I'm a week post op and head hunger is kicking my *ss. Any suggestions?

I'm sure I will get shi*t for this, but all you can really do is suck it up and deal with it.

Keep your hands busy, keep your mind busy, keep your body busy.

Suduko

Walk

Knit

Paint your nails (hard to eat with wet nails)

Walk

Brush and gargle with something strong that isn't whiskey

Walk

Read a book

sleep

Sip Water

Walk

This will pass.

Trust me I am keeping my hands busy lol. I don't usually paint my fingernails and have been keeping them done. Nice and tidy. Cleaning house. Walking to the mailbox when it isn't raining. Haven't tried the gargling. I read somewhere that alot of this is stomach acids churning. Have you heard that?

Trust me I am keeping my hands busy lol. I don't usually paint my fingernails and have been keeping them done. Nice and tidy. Cleaning house. Walking to the mailbox when it isn't raining. Haven't tried the gargling. I read somewhere that alot of this is stomach acids churning. Have you heard that?

Nope. Listerine is a disgusting liquid that will kill your taste for anything else for HOURS. LOLZ.

I envy you so much.

I'm watching my weight.

I'm really not hungry.

I ate before I came.

I'm just in the mood for a cup of Soup.< /p>

I'm more a "f**k off and mind your own business" girl, myself.

I like the cut of your jib ;)

This is extremely true. This is what got our problem started in the first place, I would think. We weren't innately hungry, but cues from the environment played with our heads just enough so that we would feed an irrational desire unrelated, but now deleterious to our health. This may or may not be able to be changed, and more power to the people that are actually able to change their brains (I have not, as of yet, been able to, and don't expect to ultimately).

@Glogyal the first couple of weeks after surgery ... I wanted to call my State Senator and ask him WHY ON EARTH IS THERE SO MANY food COMMERICALS ON TV !??!

I never noticed that before WLS !

Sometimes ... I had to mute the TV and look away ... it was horrible !

But ... alas ... the first 2 weeks are long since gone ... and so is my need to lick the TV !

this too shall pass !

Boy, your state senator is certainly in charge of more stuff than mine is!

;)