Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fear not doing the right thing.

3 weeks out. Not interested in eating. Try to force, makes me sick to my stomach, but fearing I'm not getting enough Protein. Doctor just says "do it". Has anybody been through this? Do I just keep trying and wait it out? Or try to force more in? I have gained 2 lbs this week. But not eating anything. :(

Your doctor is right. Protein and Water are critical for both healing and weight loss. Whether or not you feel like it you have to do it.

Try setting up a schedule with milestones throughout the day. Use your phone or an app to remind yourself to eat and drink. Use an app like MyFitnessPal to keep track. There is nothing wrong with sipping fluids all day.

When I was early out I didn't go to sleep until I had finished all of my Protein, even if that meant taking my Premier Protein to bed and sipping all night,

It does get easier but it won't get easier until you do it.

Meh.

My doctor told me to get my Water in and the proteen (sic) would come. He was right. I was about 3 months out before I was coming even close to my Protein goal and I still do not always make it. I lost almost 115 pounds in 9 months, I still have all my hair, I workout like a demon and I've lost no muscle tone. In fact, I found some muscle I thought was lost. :D

I drank Premier Protein 2x a day by sip sip sipping it and I could usually get 1.5 - 2 (about 45-60g) down by 8 weeks out. My doctor was satisfied. :D

You won't die of starvation. If you were at risk, you wouldn't need surgery. ;)

I had to force myself to eat and drink every day for the first 4 months. Even when I was so nauseous from medication I was taking that I could barely even gag down my own saliva. And yes, I just made myself do it by sipping sipping sipping all day and into the night if needed. Everything I drank contained Protein (shakes and unflavored Protein Powder mixed in broths and soups) so I was able to meet both goals almost every day.

Yep my doc told me to focus on liquids and if I meet my Protein goal great! If not, not to stress. I'm three weeks post op and I'm getting in enough protein. Don't stress yourself out!

Hang it there. It will get better. it took me several months before I was able to meet my protien & Water goals. Sip sip sip away. As long as you keep trying, it will work out. Don't worry about those 2 lbs as your body has yet to get rid that air/gas & Fluid intake during the surgery. Believe me, you will shed those 2 lbs & many more. Sip sip sip away.

Be patient with yourself, follow your program & you

WILL be pleasantly surprised. Hang in there & good luck!!!