Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you use PatchMD vitamin patches?

Ok, I've gotten the results of my Vitamin D levels. As per my previous post, I had blood done on 2/23/16 and started taking the following Patches on 3/4/16:

Multivitamin

B12

Vitamin D3/Calcium

Omega 3

My Vitamin D results are as follows:

Name

Standard range

11/26/14

2/23/16

4/4/16

25-HYDROXYVITAMIN D

30 - 100 ng/mL

VITAMIN D, 25-HYDROXY, D2

<4

VITAMIN D, 25-HYDROXY, D3

As of 4/5/16, I'm using the Vitamin D3 only patch (no calcium) because I realized the one with Calcium is only 2,000 iu's while the Vitamin D3 one only is 5,000 iu's. Switching will give me 10,000 iu's daily which is what I want at this point because my D levels have been so low.

I will say this though; after a month of taking these Patches I FINALLY stopped feeling like a zombie. I have gone through the last several years of looking forward to sleeping despite never feeling like I've had enough. I was always tired, fatigued and no energy to do anything. I've started feeling more "normal" now and can't believe I've gone as long as I have feeling like crap.

I have been using the Patches for 8 months now - Multi-Vitamin and in the last 2 months Vitamin D also. I had blood work a couple weeks ago and every level except D was perfect. I also started really low on my D level and it has risen but is still not where it needs to be. I tell everyone how much I love the patches. I have never been able to keep Vitamins down and these are so easy! And 3 rounds of perfect blood work doesn't lie!

I asked our surgery team about the Patches cause i wanted to go on them...they said they did not recommend them since there was not enough scientific proof they worked well over long term...

I started off with using 4 at a time and now I'm using 6.

I use the anti-aging and multi vitamin patches in different places, and rotate the places every day. For example, one to each arm on Monday, one to each breast on Tuesday, etc. I haven't had any lab deficiencies and my anemia that I had prior to surgery (and the patches), has resolved. I practice as an Internal Medicine physician and although I have no affiliation with PatchMD, the idea of using impregnated Patches with vitamins...or other medicines, is not new and is well studied.

Just had Vitamin D checked again and my numbers have gone up significantly since starting the Patches (3/5/16):

Name

Standard range 30 - 100 ng/mL
25-HYDROXYVITAMIN D
11/26/14 2/23/16 4/4/16 7/20/16

16 24 28 37

Vitamin D, 25-HYDROXY, D2

<4 6 6 7

Vitamin D, 25-HYDROXY, D3

16 18 22 30

Edited by determinedtolive

Just had Vitamin D checked again and my numbers have gone up significantly since starting the Patches (3/5/16):

Name

Standard range 30 - 100 ng/mL
25-HYDROXYVITAMIN D

16 24 28 37

VITAMIN D, 25-HYDROXY, D2

<4 6 6 7

Vitamin D, 25-HYDROXY, D3

16 18 22 30

Really glad to hear!!

So how long are you wearing your Patches? I read you need to keep them on for 8 hours. Just curious as I received mine today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

So how long are you wearing your Patches? I read you need to keep them on for 8 hours. Just curious as I received mine today.

8 hours, take off at 9 hours

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for the info.....

I bought 2 months worth of the Patches. My doctor's office didn't know about them and said that there are so many new products appearing on the market that they just can't keep up with them all. They gave me the go-ahead to try them.

I was concerned about chewing tablets right after surgery, so this seemed like a good alternative. Also the price was so much better than all the supplements I would have to buy, even if I bought the Vitamin pills that you only have to take once a day.

My surgery isn't until the 28th, but I'll come back after my post-op appointment and let you know what my numbers are.

Sent from my SM-N900T using the BariatricPal App

Had my one year post op appointment today. Been using PatchMD for 7 months. All labs within normal range - 3rd round of perfect labs.