Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Short hair for me. never before

Hi all. 15 days post op. a couple of days ago I had one of those moments where I just wanted a big change. Yes like this gastric sleeve isnt big enough. ha. I have always had hair down to my shoulders or longer. I have thick wavy hair. It is unruly. well I had it all cut off. I have never had short hair. because in my mind heavy people cant have short hair--or at least not me- I wanted to try and hide my big cheeks. and hide whatever else I could hide behind there. the other thing I am doing is looking now for clothes with color. I have so MUCH black in my closet. always the thought that the color black is slimming. no it is depressing. My husband would say to me*why do you always wear black? like you are going to a funeral?* I would give him the eye and say maybe I am!!! uh huh.. Johnny cash moment.

so I thought I would post my elvis punk rocker hair do!! I have received a lot of nice compliments.. and trust me its so different for me! but thats what all this is about. Change!! for the better. Not sure if I will keep this hair--but for now I am enjoying it. Peace out trouts!!

post-262216-0-83110600-1446741441_thumb.jpg

post-262216-0-02279900-1446741447_thumb.jpg

Oh, yes!

So much better than the Church Lady do.

;)

BTW, I had a Church Lady do, too.

But I went the other way -- long. It's pretty hawt, actually. :)

Love it!

Ha ha. the church lady do! that made me laugh because I do stand up open mics (comedian wanna be) and I try not to cuss because I do some of that at church retreats.. the funny thing is some of the night clubs when I get a chance to do an open mic at a club/bar--well the guys call me the church lady cause I don't cuss.(well I do but..) so that was funny you called it the church do.. @@VSGAnn2014 thanks for the smile!!!

I love it! It frames your face very nice and is very flattering. Good for you!

I cut mine to my shoulders because it was thinning. I am hoping to have it a little longer soon - too curly and poofy short. I have curly hair.

Very sharp haircut !!

You look great!

I cut all of mine off soon after surgery. It was long enough to donate if I went really short.

I have loved it short, especially since I spend a lot of time in the pool.

Looks really great on you! I love it!

I have had short hair since I was 19, but I recently let it grow just because I was too lazy to go get it cut. Then my hair started falling out. I have gray/white hair and decided to get it cut like Dame Judi Dench and I love it. So easy to care for.

MV5BOTI5NjQ4NDc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTc5

Very cool !!!!

Thanks guys and gals!!! Appreciate all of ya'll!!

I'm going for a short cut soon myself. But my reasoning is because of the Hair loss. I'm almost 5 months post op and have lost a great amount - I was hoping that because of my Protein intake this wouldn't happen. You haven given me extra courage to make the change! Looks good ????