Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know all my post seem a bit negative..but i am so scared and confused and things i didnt expect i cant handle well..but i thank everyone for their kind words and suggestions..one day ill be able to post my success. .mentally its taking a toll on me and i dont know how to handle it..so i will limit my post from now on..i just have no place to turn some days

I know when things don't go as expected, they can be extremely frightening/frustrating/annoying/confusing/etc. You've made a courageous choice to have weight loss surgery. That shows your inner strength. That strength you need to recognize, appreciate, and utilize. I try to teach my kids that no matter how bad your day seems right now, make a conscious effort to find a positive. The negative can be so all-consuming - so let the positive do the same. Do you feel a little better today? Use that as a positive. Have you lost another pound? HUGE positive. Did you only need 3 pain pills and not 4? Again, another positive. It takes a lot of mental strength to dig through the negative to find a positive - but soon it will become subconscious. Your mind will automatically think of a positive to counter-act the negative.

Try writing down the positives. Do NOT write down the negatives. Keep a running list and every day add a new one. Sometimes it helps to visually be reminded. Good luck. I look forward to reading your awesome successes as they come!!

I think focusing on the positive is a great approach but I don't think you should feel you can't turn to us. If not here, where? Feel free to continue to share, we're all on your team and sorry you're having such a hard time

@@anna9/15 Don't you dare consider "limiting" your posts! We are all here for you. You post as often as you like. This is a place to come for advice, comfort or whatever you may be needing. You sound like you are going through a trying period in your life right now. I encourage you to find comfort in the Lord. Look on Youtube for Charles Stanley videos and find a subject that fits your particular circumstance and I pray that you will begin to feel better and find the answers you are looking for. God bless you.

Awww ... Don't apologize ... We are all here to help each other and I think you should post as much as you want. It will be good therapy for you ????

That's why we are here! We all need support and have good/bad days. Losing weight so quickly causes your hormone levels to freak out. Not to mention, you just had major surgery!! Lighten up on you and vent when you need to. It has to come out.

Mood swings, depression, anxiety, sadness, happiness, and euphoria are all part of the hormone fluctuations. Yesterday was a bad day for me. I was 10 days out and couldn't consider keeping down anything. I contacted the after care nurse and she suggested that my acid levels were too high. I added an extra dose of prilosec, and tada! better. Contact your doctor and let them know your GERD is flairing. I don't know how far out from surgery you are, but there might be something they can suggest or prescription changes to be made.

For me? The hormone fluctuations have caused the never ending spotting in the lady area. I'm a terror on a normal period, now? I keep telling mom I'm sorry and I love her because I can't be easy to live with.

Try to take it all with humor. I named my sleeve so I have someone to yell at when she's acting up. Her name is Runt. We have lots of arguments. My incisions are pissing me off right now as they keep sloughing their scabs and we have to start from scratch with the healing. If they keep this crap up, I might name them too.

Yes ive added more for my gerd, normally how long does the harmone dumping last? Anyone know

I just want to have my sanity back i feel so anxious and cant sleep, i never had any of these issues before surgery and now i dont know how to handle it

When I was younger, I just hated the thought of taking medication for anything, but now that I am in my 60's, I get it. You can have better living through chemistry. Even pre-op for my sleeve, my bariatrician put me on Buproprion (generic for Wellbutrin). It not only keeps me from climbing the walls with anxiety and curling up in the dark from depression, it has the pleasant side effects of reduced appetite and increased libido.

It's OK to address depression and anxiety with your bariatric team, and it's OK to hang around here and ask questions. Just keep in mind that in an anonymous community like this, opinions and tact will vary. I did not get over 2700 posts by being shy about asking questions and responding to others. I named my sleeve, too. She is "Miss Tummy" and she is the boss of me. I wish you the best. Hang in there.

I named mine Sleeven Tyler because so far he's kind of gross and has a BIG MOUTH!!! (gurgle gurgle growllll) I'm hoping he can eventually be re-christened Bruce Sleeve for kicking a$$!!! ;-)