Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky 7's RECIPES Thread

Both of these recipes look yummy to me and i want to try them! So i thought I would share them with my fellow lucky 7's!!!! Tell me what you think i was just moved to mushys so im waiting a bit. Thanks!

Creamy Squash Casserole

• 4 cups sliced yellow squash
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 35 buttery round crackers, crushed
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons butter

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of Water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.

You may want to leave the crumbs off the top. They don't really get that crispy, especially after it sits for a while. One 15 1/2 oz can black Beans, drained and rinsed

Cheesy Black Bean Burgers

1 lb. lean ground beef(90% or higher) or ground turkey breast

1 large egg, beaten

1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Preheat grill to medium. Place the Beans in a large bowl and mash with the back of a large spoon until smooth but still a bit chunky. Add the beef, egg, cheese, bread crumbs and garlic powder and mix until well combined. Divide the beef mixture and shape into 8 patties. Place the patties on the grill and cook until no longer pink inside and an instant read thermometer registers at least 160 degrees F., about 4 minutes each side. Top with shredded lettuce and your favorite salso and enjoy!!

Each patty

200 calories

21 g. Protein

8 g fat

11 g carb

8 g fiber

I made the casserole last night and it was scrumptious!!! There are no leftovers!!! It was a hit at my house! Thanks for sharing this one! I used FF Townhouse/Butter Crackers instead and northern beans, because I didn't have black beans on hand! It was wonderful!:D

I made the casserole last night and it was scrumptious!!! There are no leftovers!!! It was a hit at my house! Thanks for sharing this one! I used FF Townhouse/Butter Crackers instead and northern Beans, because I didn't have black Beans on hand! It was wonderful!:)

I think the black beans went with the 2nd recipe, the black bean burgers and not the squash casserole. BTW, what did you do with the northern beans in the squash casserole recipe?

I think the black Beans went with the 2nd recipe, the black bean burgers and not the squash casserole. BTW, what did you do with the northern Beans in the squash casserole recipe?

LOL, YOU'RE KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO, I put the northern beans on after the dish was all done and cooked it another 10 minutes!!! It was delicious!! I figured it was to get in a load of Protein, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my, I am laughing sooooooo hard right now, lol! I can barely type!!!!!!!! ONLY ME!!!!!!! Who else would do such a thing??????? LOL:D

Sunny, I just looked at that recipe again and I can't believe it! You know when I was preparing it, I didn't even read that part til I was all done, so I thought, ahh, must be supposed to put them over the top!!! I'm telling you, it was delicious!!! Right or wrong, lol!!!!

Hey guys sorry about that mix up!!!! The black Beans were supposed to be part of the cheesy black bean burgers!!! LoL I must have messed up when i copied and pasted. BUT I did want to tell u guys I tried the creamy squash caserole and it was SOOOOO YUMMYYYYYY!!!!! Its nice for a little change after being on liquids for so long. Hope to hear some other yummy recipies!

Here's another Soup I created last night for the full Fluid stage onwards.

2 tsp oil

1 large onion, chopped

1 tbsp curry powder

1 tsp ground cumin

1/2 tsp salt

1 large can of pumpkin puree (just pumpkin, not pie filling)

2-3 cups broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)

2-3 cups cream (coconut milk, milk or light cream)

Sautee onion in oil until tender. Add spices and sautee for a few minutes until spices and onion are well mixed. Add in pumpkin puree and broth. Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste, while cooking. Puree mixture using an emersion blender (works best). Add cream and blend. Enjoy.

Note, the above seasonings make it spicy! For less heat, but good flavour, start with 1-1/2 tsp curry powder and 1/2 tsp ground cumin. Then adjust upwards as you like it. Also with the cream mixture, I used a can of coconut milk which is 2 cups, then added about 1/2 to 1 cup of cream on top.

Once I've had my first fill, I'll probably switch to milk instead of cream. But right now, I'm consuming so few calories, I think I need the fat!!!

Hi there;, the recipe for burgers(beans) sounds so good..

Can you re-do the complete recipe for me??? how much Beans etc... do you add to the mix..

It sounds like it'd be a recipe I'd love... I am always looking to cut down on meat, but I LOVE the taste of it so much... this recipe would be a great compromise.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Hey guys sorry about that mix up!!!! The black Beans were supposed to be part of the cheesy black bean burgers!!! LoL I must have messed up when i copied and pasted. BUT I did want to tell u guys I tried the creamy squash caserole and it was SOOOOO YUMMYYYYYY!!!!! Its nice for a little change after being on liquids for so long. Hope to hear some other yummy recipies!

Yeah, Honey, I put them on top of my casserole, drained of course, but yummy! They were delicious!!! Quite a hit, Beans and all!!!! Did it again today! :)

Ok, another great Soup I just created... sorry for all the soups! Can you tell I'm in the liquid stage! LOL

1 head of broccoli, trim off all icky parts, cut up

2 cups of chicken broth

2 tsp Italian Seasonings

1 tsp garlic powder

2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

2 cups cream (light cream or milk)

Simmer broccoli and spices in broth until really tender (about 30-40 min). Puree with an emersion blender. (Broccoli is stringy, so won't puree purfectly until you add cheese and cream.) Stir in shredded cheese until melted. Stir in cream. Puree again with emersion blender. Reheat and enjoy!

Use more or less broth or cream to get thickness to where you want it. Use more or less cheese as desired. Also, vary the cheese if you like. I like sharp cheeses like Stilton, which would work well. My DH hates sharp cheese, so I stayed with cheddar.

Kathy- I love Soups. I actually have a Autum Harvest

gathering where I serve 6 different Soups & homemade bread. It has grown over the years-everyone just loves it--last year I had over 60 people attend. Keep the Soup recipies coming

Anna

I 've been making this for a while on WW.

1/2 of a 28oz can of pumpkin ( the veg. not the pie filling)

1 large can of Evaporated Skim Milk (carnation works fine)

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup Splenda sweetner

1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

1/2 tsp. Allspice

1/4 tsp Nutmeg

or any othe Pumpkin Pie spice combo that YOU like.

I spray 6 ramkins with PAM, then divide the liquid evenly.

BAKE in 350F oven for 45 - 50 mins. or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out dry.

this is delicious and is a family favorite, very filling and FULL of Protein and fibre.