Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why I don't weigh daily !

Fridays are my weigh in days. I don't touch the scale otherwise. But today I have a doctor's appointment.

It's Not a 'familiar' scale. It's the middle of the day, I'm dressed for work. Of course I'm not gonna like what their scale tells me.

Enter head games... Tomorrow is weigh in day... I could very well see the same thing tomorrow, (which would be depressing!!)

Ugh, next time I'm going to stand backwards and tell them not to tell me the weight. It messes with my head too much!

I'm gonna forget about today and deal with tomorrow's weight tomorrow!

Whatever works for you is what you should do. :)

I weigh infrequently, too. But, one of my biggest scale victories so far is that I CAN step on a scale at the doctor's office with more confidence. No more secrets, no more contortions. To use a cliche: it is what it is.

Fridays are my weigh in days. I don't touch the scale otherwise. But today I have a doctor's appointment.

It's Not a 'familiar' scale. It's the middle of the day, I'm dressed for work. Of course I'm not gonna like what their scale tells me.

Enter head games... Tomorrow is weigh in day... I could very well see the same thing tomorrow, (which would be depressing!!)

Ugh, next time I'm going to stand backwards and tell them not to tell me the weight. It messes with my head too much!

I'm gonna forget about today and deal with tomorrow's weight tomorrow!

I totally relate to this. I do the same and only weigh weekly and hate having to do it elsewhere or at other times as it will nearly always disappoint me and that usually turns into an automatic response of wanting to eat! Oh the cruel irony!

Ignore what the scale said today and just go with your usual weekly weigh tomo. Good luck!

Too funny, just had a doctors appt today with my PCP and went through the exact same thing.

However, I did have one major scale victory today. It's been a long time since I've been able to step on the scale in my doctors office because it only goes up to 400 lbs. In the past, I would always embarrassingly have to tell the nurse, "...that scale won't work, I'm over 400lbs."

Too funny, just had a doctors appt today with my PCP and went through the exact same thing.

However, I did have one major scale victory today. It's been a long time since I've been able to step on the scale in my doctors office because it only goes up to 400 lbs. In the past, I would always embarrassingly have to tell the nurse, "...that scale won't work, I'm over 400lbs."

That is a major victory!! Congrats!

I have vowed to only weigh myself once a month. Or not. I never weighed myself before as it was torture. I don't like torture.

You have to decide what works for you. If you can weigh daily, go for it. If seeing the fluctuations makes you crazy, stay away. I'm a monthly weigher. It's the one thing that drives me nuts.

Ditto. Must be appointment day. I've slowed to a crawl in the loss department but have lost 2 sizes in the same time I've only lost 6 pounds. Still left the doctors office feeling like a failure. Stupid scales.

Yep I had a doctor's appt today as well. I should have been ecstatic to see the number on their scale, as it was 20 lbs less than the last time I'd been there (my PCP) but I'd seen a lower number yesterday at home (naked, first thing in the am, etc) and it was a little depressing.

I only weigh myself on Friday's too and only if I don't feel bloated and yucky. Sometimes all it takes is a good poop and then I quickly hope on the scale. :rolleyes:

It's funny but one of my weight loss goals that I've already achieved was to be even able to get on a doctor's scale at all (not counting my bariatric doctor) For a while they would ask me to get on the scale and my weight was more than the max of the scale.

If you were to ask me what was my highest weight, I wouldn't know because I a was too ashamed to face reality...

But now, every time I get on the scale (once a day, sometimes more) it is a victory! A morale and motivation booster!

I am not ashamed with myself at all!!!

I used to actually step-on the scale backwards. I am actually a scale junkie and I knew what I weighed that morning. I didn't need the extra 2-3 lbs