Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Fills / Adjustment Info

Just a word of caution, if you are vomiting or frothing to much, you maybe to tight.

Take it from me, I wound up with esophageal ulcers, I didn't go back to the doctor

right away it went on for a couple of months, I started having breathing problems

wound up in the Emergency Room, found out I had come down with pneumonia, but

what had happen, my stomach contents was backing up into my lungs and I was

aspirating. So after a week in the hospital, I had to go back to my lapband doctor to

have my band completely loosen, I could not get it tighten for a year and a half, I

was a slow healer, in which I gained back 70 lbs I had lost. So now I am starting

all over again. So be careful.

My wife's doctor gave her a fill in the Dr's office & charged for the office visit plus $900.00 for the fill. Does this seem normal to anyone?

My wife's doctor gave her a fill in the Dr's office & charged for the office visit plus $900.00 for the fill. Does this seem normal to anyone?

That seems outrageous to me! My doctor charges only the copay which is $30 for a fill. I would guess she does not have any insurance to cover the fill.....but still seems very high.

this is ripoff even without insurance, not so many band center and Dr's taking advantage.Try to find band center in your area, it's very easy procedure and should not cost that much.

this is ripoff even without insurance, not so many band center and Dr's taking advantage.Try to find band center in your area, it's very easy procedure and should not cost that much.

We have insurance which covered most of the cost but I guess I assumed that an in office fill would be included in the Dr,s visit.

My wife's doctor gave her a fill in the Dr's office & charged for the office visit plus 900.00 for the fill. Does this seem normal to anyone?

They are takin advantage of you!!! This procedure is about as complicated as drawing blood and that is usually 300 max without insurance.

I am so confused?? I had my fist fill on June 7 with 5cc and I'm so nervous with this I really can't tell if this is enough and if I am fill? Help!

Vickie

I had my fill last Thursday slight restriction it's almost a week and no weight lost ? Should I go for more fill? Should I wait? Please respond if anyone had same experience.

I get fills from a different Dr. than the one who did my band because the new Dr. uses the flouroscope each time making it much more exact(they see the restriction immediately on x-ray) and he only charges $300 even though he didn't do the surgery--I originally went for 4 fills with the first Dr. who did it by experience--guessing--but never got good restriction--the $900 is very high going by San Antonio rates

I really need some help. I am getting the Lap Band Procedure done in Mexico on Sept 17th and really need to know who will do my fills in Alberta? Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Brenda

I really need some help. I am getting the Lap Band Procedure done in Mexico on Sept 17th and really need to know who will do my fills in Alberta? Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Brenda

Do you know the brand of the band he is going to use? If so the band company might give you names of their surgeons in Alberta. My wife had her band done in Mexico and after only 2 fills her surgeon said he couldn't do any more even though she traveled to him in Mexico. Ask your surgeon if he has names from Canada.

Hi,

I have a question that i hope someone can help me with.

I got my band 3 months ago and i had my first fill at 3cc's.

Last month my second fill was 1cc.

About two weeks after my last fill, my stomach area was hurting a lot!!!

I thought i needed to go to the ER because it was hurting so much to even stand straight. I called my dr and they asked me to go in.

After i went in, they told me that it was too tight and i thought that it couldnt be THAT simple of an answer but i let her take .5 cc's out. After that, i was fine. i have not been hurting since then. My question to you all is, do you think i will be ok for another fill later on? or am i stuck at 3.5cc's forever? Maybe i just need to get smaller fills at a time?

Please tell me your thoughts.

thank you!

I don't know if that is part of why some days I do a lot of pb'ing or what the problem is. I know that I do get so hungry and when I finally eat, it does not feel good for a while, so I certainly don't want to just keep eating. Many people on some of the message boards have told me it sounds as though I need an unfill......but that just aint gonna happen unless I can not get liquid down. My first fill did practically nothing for me at all. I use some natural products that have helped me with sleep and relaxing more. I think it has been a saving grace in me getting over anxious and not being able to satisfy my food cravings with food. I know I do not look forward to food as I once did. I almost dread it some times, but look at it as something I must do. Which if you had told me 6 months ago, that I would feel this way, I would have laughed at you, but then, nobody knows the future. I am losing slow. However, as long as it continues in the right direction, I am ok with it. As little as I eat now, I would think I would lose 2-3 pounds a week, but it seems I am doing good to lose .5 - 1 pound a week.

Wild.........about life.

I just found out what pbing is thank you for that. My fils have been or were giving me a problem as yours mine was too tight as I stated before and I could not sleep with the fulid just coming up or felling like I was choking at night as I tried to sleep. I now sleep with my head raised on my pillow, what products do you use? My weight has come off very slow as well so just take one day at a time as I am doing and we will get there....

Hi,

I have a question that i hope someone can help me with.

I got my band 3 months ago and i had my first fill at 3cc's.

Last month my second fill was 1cc.

About two weeks after my last fill, my stomach area was hurting a lot!!!

I thought i needed to go to the ER because it was hurting so much to even stand straight. I called my dr and they asked me to go in.

After i went in, they told me that it was too tight and i thought that it couldnt be THAT simple of an answer but i let her take .5 cc's out. After that, i was fine. i have not been hurting since then. My question to you all is, do you think i will be ok for another fill later on? or am i stuck at 3.5cc's forever? Maybe i just need to get smaller fills at a time?

Please tell me your thoughts.

thank you!

That did happen to me and I lost seven pounds due to the fact I could not eat or drink anything, I have since got another fill and it was not as bad as that one but I did have some problems I did work thru this one with less you may need less of a fill for awhile as I do, and maybe as time goes on you can get more. Now at this time I am dealing with less it seems to be working I am also losing so I will try this at the time I hope it works for you. Verna