Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow I start with the puréed food diet. Am I overthinking this? I mean, do I just make supper like I do every day and then just put some of it in the blender and get it to a good consistency? Or do I stick with Soups? Baby food? Not sure where to start and maybe I'm being a little cautious.

Following. I will be in this place in one week and I am curious too. I will be sure to ask at my two-week appointment next week (I see my NUT then anyway).

I made pureed lentil Soup today. Red lentils, onions, garlic (you need to sweat out the onions and garlic. I did so by adding Water and the teeniest amount of olive oil I could fathom). Make sure to pre soak the red lentils for a bit before starting. Add the red lentils, onions, garlic and water to a Large pot and enough water tocover all the lentils plus more. Lentils get thick as they stew so keep adding water and keep stirring. For seasoning I used salt, pepper, cumin, tumeric to taste. Once the lentils are quite soft, add water and blend it into a pureed soup. Sort of the consistency of pea puree soup or carrot soup. This is a middle eastern recipe and a huge fave of mine.

Edited by Ray92

I never actually pureed any of my food. I had mashed potatoes, smooth Soups, applesauce, yogurt, hummus, Jello, pudding, etc.

I wouldn't puree what the rest of your family is eating if it's something that's not on your plan. For instance, if they're having Pasta, you can't have that even if it's pureed (according to my plan, yours may be different).

I never actually pureed any of my food. I had mashed potatoes, smooth Soups, applesauce, yogurt, hummus, Jello, pudding, etc.

I wouldn't puree what the rest of your family is eating if it's something that's not on your plan. For instance, if they're having Pasta, you can't have that even if it's pureed (according to my plan, yours may be different).

oh my - hummus counts to have during this phase? Be still my heart!

I made a puree one time. It was some kind of meat I don't recall with some jarred gravy. I found it disgusting and that was the end of my puree adventure. The lentil Soup sounds good!

If I went the hummus rout what could I eat it with at this stage?

Normally I'd use celery, crackers, carrots before surgery.

A spoon. ;)

A spoon. ;)

Hahahaha :D

Great idea!

A spoon. ;)

Touchè.

LOL!

I thought what I could eat with my hummus today, and I came to the same conclusion!

im only just a week out now and have been eating applesauce and yogurt both of which i hated prior to surgery and still hate lol and drinking high Protein milk,shakes, tea (decafe) and Water. i cant wait to have some smashed foods next monday

My puréed stage starts next Monday and I've already been preparing lol. I've found that Pinterest has some good ideas for things to make/try if you search for "bariatric puréed".