Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting hungry most the time. My surgery was on sep 14. I just lost 16 lb after surgery. Please please tell me what you guys eat. And how much. Help me

I am getting hungry most the time. My surgery was on sep 14. I just lost 16 lb after surgery. Please please tell me what you guys eat. And how much. Help me

Rather than focusing what other's are doing, it would be helpful to know what you are or are not doing.

What phase are you on?

Are you following your surgeon's program?

What is your Protein target?

Are you taking a PPI?

Are you getting in all of your fluids?

Are you taking all of your Vitamins and supplements as directed?

Stomach acid and/or not getting enough Water can make you think you are hungry.

Are you getting in all of your Protein and fluids every day? If not, you may actually be hungry.

Call your NUT and review what you should be eating with them. Ask about a PPI.

At 5 weeks I was eating mostly soft foods, and incorporating more solids. I weighed 2oz of solids when I started adding them (per MY dr.'s guidelines)... which helped me immensely from over estimating my capacity for them. They are much more filling and dense than the softer foods. I didn't add red meat until about 2 months, but some people can digest it easily very early on. Some things I remember being easy and satisfying:

chicken salad or tuna salad,

Tilipia or any baked fish,

Scrambled egg with cheese and salsa,

Ground turkey made into taco meat and chili,

shrimp and scallops,

cottage cheese,

zuchinni noodles with ground turkey spaghetti sauce

rotisserie chicken was really moist and easy for me

Deli sliced turkey breast or chicken rolled up with half slice of cheese,

mini-quiches... egg, sausage, cheese baked in mini muffin tins

Cauliflower mashed with cream cheese and bacon bits

As @@Inner Surfer Girl asked, are you taking a PPI? If I don't take Omeprazole I get a gurgling rumbling feeling that mimics hunger pains. I also feel bubbly and burpy, and sometimes downright nauseated, when eating or drinking if I am not consistently taking it.

I eat one premier shake in the morning or two scrambled egg for Breakfast. One sugar free Jello for snack . Vegetable Soup in can. Half for launch. Half at 2 pm. Cottage cheese and one table spoon PB or 6 raspberry I add Protein Powder on it too and chicken or fish for dinner. I take Multi Vitamins. Calcium. Probiotics , Vitamin D , pills for my eye And one Vitamin B 12 a week. That is all I eat

I eat one premier shake in the morning or two scrambled egg for breakfast. One sugar free Jello for snack . Vegetable Soup in can. Half for launch. Half at 2 pm. Cottage cheese and one table spoon PB or 6 raspberry I add Protein powder on it too and chicken or fish for dinner. I take multi Vitamins. Calcium. Probiotics , Vitamin D , pills for my eye And one Vitamin B 12 a week. That is all I eat

Great. What about my other questions?

What phase are you on (how far out from surgery)? What is your Protein target? How much protein are you getting? Are you taking a PPI? What does your NUT suggest?

What is your Protein target?

If your Protein target is 80 grams and you are getting 70 grams on some days, then you have room for at least one 10 gram protein snack (or two 5 gram protein snacks) on those days.

Do you plan out protein-focused meals and Snacks throughout the day?

I eat one premier shake in the morning or two scrambled egg for breakfast. One sugar free Jello for snack . Vegetable Soup in can. Half for launch. Half at 2 pm. Cottage cheese and one table spoon PB or 6 raspberry I add Protein powder on it too and chicken or fish for dinner. I take multi Vitamins. Calcium. Probiotics , Vitamin D , pills for my eye And one Vitamin B 12 a week. That is all I eat

I can eat even red meat. My surgery was on September 14. I try to get 70 to 80 gram of Protein

Are you logging this or just eyeballing? The only thing I see might cause issues is the canned soup. Depending on the brand the sodium could be quite high.

Are you getting in all your fluids?

Again, I recommend reviewing this with your NUT. The only other thing I would suggest would be to make the Snacks more protein rich and if you are able to exercise at least 30 minutes daily.

At that stage I was not hungry at all. You need to occupy your mind in different activities and very importantly, exercising. I did mine in 5/19/14 and so far I have lost 100 lbs.