Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you looking forward to?

Being a single mom I realized I need to be healthy so I can do more with my kids and be around longer for them. I come from a family of everyone is obese. We know how to cook and we like to eat. I was in pain all the time, no energy, and depressed. After my divorce I realized my kids needed me more. I need to regain my life and help my kids live a healthy life. I do not want them to have the struggles I have had my whole life. I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle and being the best mom I can be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

Being able to wear my wedding rings. It's been over 2 yrs Also being able to get dressed and feel cute without having to change a million times!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Today's fat man reminder of my gravity on earth. Walking across gravel and round rock while wearing flip flops, OUCH!

I'm looking forward to loosing 100+ pounds of damn this sucks.

Oh geez, where to start...

Most of my horrible fat-related public embarrassment has occurred in the last year as I've acquired a significant amount of weight that took me from being overweight but still able to buckle my seatbelt on an airplane, still able to fit on a rollercoaster, still able to sit in a student desk at parent/teacher conferences, etc.

This year, I had to request a belt extender for the first time. I couldn't ride a rollercoaster at six flags for the first time (my 13-yo son was incredibly embarrassed but also very sweet. He was pissed that they didn't make the seats big enough for everyone to ride he doesn't realize that I made excuses not to go back after that ).

I also BARELY squeezed into a student desk at my son's parent/teacher conference. The teachers (all 6 of them!) watched me struggle and then asked if I wanted a chair

I want to be rid of back pain, tension headaches, plantar fasciitis, and ankle stiffness

I want to date (hell maybe even get married)

I want my boobs to shrink so I can buy a bra from Target if I damn well please

I want to wear the adorable outfits I have pinned on my Pinterest! (which includes skinny jeans & knee high boots)

Do CrossFit again, and eventually compete

Play softball again

Lead a financial peace class

Cut my hair to something short/sexy/sassy/badass

Shamelessly flirt

Take up Yoga

Travel the world

Honestly, I could go on for a while...

Edited by Laughkc11

Packing for a trip and not having to use my huge suitcase to fit my clothes! Everyone who sees my suitcase for a business trip is always like, "we're only going for 5 days, why'd you pack for a month?!" Uh, I didn't... my clothes are just much bigger than yours and take up more room. And obviously I need at least 2 extra outfits because when you're fat, sometimes your clothes look ok on you one day and make you look like a big fat monster the next day. I look forward to traveling with all my smaller clothes in a suitcase that can fit in the overhead compartment!

While we're on the topic of travel - I can fit in a JetBlue or Virgin seat, though it's not completely comfortable I definitely fit so I plan all my travel around those airlines. I have never gotten an extender because I've always preferred 6 hours of cutting off my circulation over the embarrassment of having to ask for one. I refuse to fly United or the other airlines with the smaller seats and belts. I hate the look you get from everyone when you're getting on the plane, like "please don't sit next to me, oh my god I hope she's not sitting next to me!" I hate the feeling like you can't even rest your arms down because then they take up someone else's space, you have to kind of hold them in this weird position over your stomach so you stay in your own bubble and don't bother the person next to you.

I travel for work a decent amount, and once or twice a year for fun, and I really can't wait for the first time I fly after losing weight. I've been fat for so long, I forget what it's like to go on vacation or a business trip without a serious level of anxiety and self-hate hanging over you because of the flight!

This is something I look forward to too. Living abroad means I fly internationally at least twice a year, although luckily most times travelling in Asia means I'll be next to some tiny person, so even when I "spill" over, they still have room. I love to travel, but the anxiety over whether I'll fit in the seats (seats that have hard dividers between them are a nightmare and I can no longer fit into them) is really starting to get to me and I too look very hard at seat sizes to choose my airlines, and possibly buying two seats on trains to stay comfortable.

Similarly, I have come to realise that I am postponing long-awaited trips and activities because of my weight. Even though I've always been overweight (and more recently obese), I've always, until recently, been able to do things like go on multi-day kayaking trips and hike up mountains. But now even a simple to moderate day hike worries me due to back, knee, and feet issues.

So I'm looking forward to:

Being able to fly comfortably and not be a nuisance to others

Being able to plan travel the way I want, with the only limitations being time and/or money, not my body or health issues

Crossing my legs

Going back to my regular shoe size

Wearing heels with a dress

Being able to buy off the rack in a normal store

Not having to worry about "chub rub" ruining a pair of pants within weeks, if not days, of wearing them

Not having to wear leggings, stockings, or other body-hugging items, also to deal with chub rub

Being able to walk around my students' desks without them always have to "tuck in" so I can pass by without squishing them

Being able to sit on the floor for somewhat extended periods of time (unfortunately something I can't do in Japan, which limits some places I can go to/experience)

I'd like to say I'd like to be able to experience an onsen again (hot spring bath) but I imagine that if and when I do lose the weight, the loose skin will be even more embarrassing for me, and if I get plastic surgery to deal with that, the scars would also keep me out, and if I got tattoos to cover the scars, well, they just won't let me in anyway. ;-) To be fair, I prefer bathing in the privacy of my own home, but it's such a part of Japanese culture it's awkward being the only one not participating at times.

I'm also looking forward to the day when men don't look at me in horror (or go out of their way to ignore me, or run from me) when I smile at them or just say hi to them (just being friendly, but they seem to think that if they show the slightest courtesy to me I'll be stalking them forever).

Alright, updates please! I'm down to my lowest adult weight and I wore shorts this summer! I didn't even realize I wanted to do that. I forgot what it was like to have shorts!

You guys--how are you doing these days? I shopped in regular sizes a few weeks ago! First time since high school! I'm still looking forward to skinny jeans because I just ain't feeling it yet!

What are you looking forward to and what have you achieved?

Chasing my grandchildren...not hiding from the camera...not needing a seat belt extender...knowing I'll fit in any booth at any restaurant...getting off of BP meds and CPAP...I could go on and on!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

As said before I am looking forward to shopping again. I have always detested it because I am short and big . Basically what fits me as far as pants go is my only option. (Yoga pants are gods gift to the universe) almost always get through with shopping and feel defeated. I love to have a project and this is my biggest one yet. I have to keep reminding myself the joy is in the journey not the destination.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App