Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the ladies....Was your cycle messed up after surgery?

The first one came early, then after that it's been pretty regular. I'm still early on but haven't had any issues. I know sudden weight loss can affect your hormones so it's pretty normal.

The drop in calories with the liquid diet pre-op made me start early. I have been regular since, my periods are maybe a day longer, so 5 days instead of 4.

I don't have PCOS and I have always had regular light flow periods.

This is the forum I have been searching for!! I have PCOS and was sleeved on July 25th. With my PCOS it is a rare occasion that I would have an actual cycle. Once every four months, I would have what wouldn't even amount to anything requiring a pad or tampon and what most refer to as spotting. These cycles would only last two, maybe three, days.This had gone on for years. My cycles would be brief, no pain, no discomfort, no clots... UNLESS it was that dreaded clean out cycle I would get maybe once yearly and then I would be in MISERY for about seven days with the worst and grossest symptoms EVER!

Now, once I began to the liquid diet and lost 10 pounds in two weeks, I had another "spotting" cycle. Then about two weeks post-op, I had a slightly "light" cycle that lasted about four whole days. One month after that, I had an even more "regular" cycle that lasted about five days. No clots, no cramps, no nothing. A month after my regular cycle, my cycle didn't show, but I had excruciating cramps for about seven days, then WHAM!!!! She came and came with a vengeance!! I had clots on top of clots (gross, I know.. Btw, they were ginormous!), going through tampons every 30 minutes, and in so much pain that I called out of work for two days! It was awful. I would say that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but being me, I probably would. LOL

Fast forward to today and I am 12 days late.. No cramping.. No sensitivity.. No nothing.. This makes me nervous that I am doing something wrong, because I thought I was on the upswing of having a normal cycle. :(

@@KristenVSG2014 - I seen where you said you had PCOS. Did you use over the counter ovulation kits to check your ovulatory status?

I was sleeved 5/13/15. My cycle was all over the place for at least 4 months post surgery. Im just now getting back to normal. I was really concerned initially but I think it's ok.

This is the forum I have been searching for!! I have PCOS and was sleeved on July 25th. With my PCOS it is a rare occasion that I would have an actual cycle. Once every four months, I would have what wouldn't even amount to anything requiring a pad or tampon and what most refer to as spotting. These cycles would only last two, maybe three, days.This had gone on for years. My cycles would be brief, no pain, no discomfort, no clots... UNLESS it was that dreaded clean out cycle I would get maybe once yearly and then I would be in MISERY for about seven days with the worst and grossest symptoms EVER!

Now, once I began to the liquid diet and lost 10 pounds in two weeks, I had another "spotting" cycle. Then about two weeks post-op, I had a slightly "light" cycle that lasted about four whole days. One month after that, I had an even more "regular" cycle that lasted about five days. No clots, no cramps, no nothing. A month after my regular cycle, my cycle didn't show, but I had excruciating cramps for about seven days, then WHAM!!!! She came and came with a vengeance!! I had clots on top of clots (gross, I know.. Btw, they were ginormous!), going through tampons every 30 minutes, and in so much pain that I called out of work for two days! It was awful. I would say that I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but being me, I probably would. LOL

Fast forward to today and I am 12 days late.. No cramping.. No sensitivity.. No nothing.. This makes me nervous that I am doing something wrong, because I thought I was on the upswing of having a normal cycle. :(

@@KristenVSG2014 - I seen where you said you had PCOS. Did you use over the counter ovulation kits to check your ovulatory status?

No, I'm one of the lucky girls who gets cramps on the side I'm ovulating from then cervical mucous for a few days. Kinda cool but mostly gross.

I'm just glad I haven't had those horrible periods I used to have before my IUD. I went through so many pairs of sheets and underwear despite super pads and tampons and sleeping on a towel. I would go months without a period then my uterus would open the floodgates.

My gyno got worried because one test came back saying my lining was irregular so she ordered a biopsy of my uterus. Most painful thing I've ever had done. Thankfully it was negative but she suggested Mirena because I was so drained from the massive blood loss each period and she said this would prevent the blood from building up in the first place. Best thing ever! I haven't used a pad or tampon in years. At most I might need a panty liner for a day or two.

7 weeks post op and it's normal not except I confuse menstrual symptoms with stomach issues after surgery

Highly regular! I was even rewarded by getting my period on the day of surgery. Ugh!!!!!

I got my period two days after surgery, which was a week early. Usually it's over by day 5, but it's day 6 with no signs of stopping. :-(

dUDE..MINE IS SO WEIRD. it's regular and all, but I shed literal skin, bleed for a day, then shed skin for a couple days.

My gyno thinks its fine though....

I have pcos and I get my period maybe once a year or every other year and my endocrinologist wants me to get on an IUD before the surgery

Bleeding for 5 weeks... Gyno said ok...but I'm thinking about getting second opinion...I'm taking the pill

I had my twice the month of my surgery. It's was messed up the next month, too. Eventually in became regular again.

????yes ma'am!

I have PCOS, too, with monthly cycles. Mine started the day I came home from surgery, 2 weeks early and heavier than I can ever remember. I felt wonderful when it finally ended though, which seemed to coincide with my surgery swelling (or aggravated it).