Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That full feeling?

I'm 4 days post rny and have yet to get that full feeling, granted i am still on full liquids. Is this because I'm still healing inside and because liquids won't make me full?? I'm over here worrying that I'm not getting the full effects of this surgery! Help!

Calm down it has only been four days, everything is still healing and all you are consuming is liquid. Even weeks after surgery, if all I do is liquids, I don't ever feel "full."

Take it day by day, focus on your doctor's instructions and know that "things" change/happen with each day that passes.

Don't try to push the issue of feeling full. It will happen and you'll need to pay attention to the feeling to keep from getting sick or risking future complications.

I have days that my "pouch" doesn't want me to eat, it feels full after two bites. And other days I can get in all my Protein with just food and it handles everything I consume. Everyone is different and patience with the journey is what is important to remember.

Are you doing Protein shakes?

@@tootie09 May I ask what kind of "protein" you are using? Are they pre-made shakes or are you using powder? Are you using anything besides Water to mix the powder with?

Also, keep in mind that even foods such as puddings, Popsicles, yogurts, thinned out Cottage cheese won't really give you much of a full feeling. The do fill you up much more than just liquid but they exit your pouch in the same way liquid would.

When can you start off Clear Liquids into full liquids or purees?

I am 11-days post RNY and don't have the full feeling yet either. I have heard from others it will come. My problem is the scale has moved in a negative direction (yay) but when I put on pants, the wasteband is tighter then before! I understand they mixed things up in there, but I can't wait for the swelling to go down. It does not feel like it is the gas like from the first week. Anyone have a timeline on the swelling?

I'm 12 days Post op and I have the same feeling.. I don't really have that "full" feeling. But I think it's just bc I'm not "eating" anything. Although,The shakes sometimes take me a couple hours to finish..