Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Desperate for a Buddy (10/22)

Things to take to the hospital:

- Comfortable slippers or slip-on shoes

- Loose-fitting clothes

- A puzzle book (crossword or sudoku)

- A deck of playing cards

- A laptop or iPad

- An MP3 player with relaxing music

- A good book and/or magazines

- Your favorite pillow

- Pen, paper, or a journal for recording thoughts and feelings

-toothbrush and toothpaste

-your own pads. Sometimes the shock of your body can cause a period

-CHAPSTICK

I also invested in a robe that was my favorite thing ever. I loved that they let me wear it while walking the floors after surgery.

Good luck ladies! (And gentleman if any of you commented as well)

I would bring the least amount of stuff as possible. I brought my phone and an extension cord. I brought a blanket from home and the most important thing was biotine mouth spray this was a huge life savor

You can't really wear a robe with the iv an they give u those socks to wear.

I wore sweats and a t there and u wore the same thing home ....... Best of luck

I'm nervous, excited, anxious, scared, sad, happy, you name it and I have felt it. I'm really excited to eat pureed foods at this point! I'm sleeping good now just because of the pre op diet but the night before I probably won't sleep good. At least I will have to be up by 5am and check in at 7am so it will be a quick morning.

I'm getting sleeved on 10/22 also , excited , scared but so ready to get this done and move on . We will be fine , what am I taking to the hospital , we'll still trying to decide , prob 2 pairs of Pj's , slippers , and that's as far as I have gotten . Still struggling on the 2 weeks diet of no food , only Protein Shakes . One of the hardest things I have ever done . We will do this and be fine . Stay in touch my surgery is a 7:30 am , glad it's not late in the day .....

I'm in a few AWESOME and SUPPORTIVE Facebook groups. They are all secret. I'm in two that are for "October Sleevers" and the third is for "WLS for 20-somethings"

If you want to be added to any, leave your email here or in a message and I'll add you right away! :)

I also heard that I shouldn't take a robe. And that we will be so out of it we won't remember half of the things we bring. As far as shakes I still haven't found a favor or brand i like. All of them give me a horrible after taste. But I know I better get it together bc I will need my Protein post op. I have stocked up on broth. Congrats to those of you being sleeved in the morning. I cam so proud of all of us for making this life changing decision. I wish I could reach and hug all of you. #Happsunday 4 more days the anticipation is killing me.

I also heard that I shouldn't take a robe. And that we will be so out of it we won't remember half of the things we bring. As far as shakes I still haven't found a favor or brand i like. All of them give me a horrible after taste. But I know I better get it together bc I will need my Protein post op. I have stocked up on broth. Congrats to those of you being sleeved in the morning. I cam so proud of all of us for making this life changing decision. I wish I could reach and hug all of you. #Happsunday 4 more days the anticipation is killing me.

I am being sleeved tomorrow. I am excited and nervous all in one! I have 3 different kinds of shakes going in. But I know I'll be cutting out the GNC lean 25 for a bit til I can have more calories. I have French vanilla and banana in that one. I have unjury vanilla and chicken Soup Unjury. I also have Isopure Zero Carb Apple Melon and Pineapple/Orange/Banana.

I want to try the Isopure Lemonade but can only get that one online. Best wishes for you. Prayers for patience!

When you walk the halls, they usually drape a hospital robe around your shoulders to cover up your back side better. I wanted to feel mode comfortable and at home, that's why j purchased one myself. After I was home from surgery, that robe was amazing because some days you just don't feel like doing much besides laying around and being comfy.

10/22 surgery date and already can't sleep! Just ready for this to be over already!