Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ever heard of smells getting on your pouch's nerves?

I'm not talking food here...I can't bring myself to wear any of my favorite perfumes now...I get a little sick feeling...it's so weird. Hand creams, yeah forget them too. It only started a few days ago. Also, I'm so stinking tired too....I've not changed eating patterns either. I almost fell asleep at my desk at work during lunch today reading my kindle! Cripes! Only difference in my life is I haven't been to the gym but once this week due to work and family schedules...I'm still fairly busy and active even though I haven't been in the gym but once this week. I'm getting about 8-9 hours of sleep every night too.

Argh...I'm blaming it on my pouch...even if its not the culprit!

And now, as I'm typing this...someone has burned popcorn in the microwave! Just shoot me...please! I haven't felt like this since I was pregnant...OMG wait!?@#)* I'm not pregnant am I???!!!!!??? No...note to self...I'm on birth control, and you must have sex to get pregnant! Whew...that was close....yep it's the pouch.

Edited by Pillar2butterfly

If it's the same feeling as being pregnant, then you may be dumping hormones out of your fat cells.

Oh no, is this the start of an emotional roller coaster ride?...wheeeee

My husband was cooking onions and garlic and I almost threw up!...BTW one of my favorite smells I am 2 weeks out and have lost 18 lbs. I have to have some other foods to eat I hate Protein shakes but need the nourishment .any help with recipes for the stage 3 mushed foods. Please help!

how do I add the body weight ticker??? and change the amount of weight I've lost.

OKCPirate: Oh no, is this the start of an emotional roller coaster ride?...wheeeee

Buckle up if that's the case! LOL Just kidding....
I'm not normally an emotional person...I always joke that my 2 older sisters (who both ruined my chance of being an only child...God love them)....took all the boobs and emotions from my mom until there was none left for me.
I promise to not take any of it out on my BP pals. :P

My husband was cooking onions and garlic and I almost threw up!...BTW one of my favorite smells I am 2 weeks out and have lost 18 lbs. I have to have some other foods to eat I hate Protein shakes but need the nourishment .any help with recipes for the stage 3 mushed foods. Please help!

Divagirl...are you eating LF no sugar yogurt? No sugar applesauce, diluting oatmeal, SF pudding, soft eggs...FF cream Soup, stuff like that?

As far as the tickler...I can't remember how I did it, but I do know you click on your profile and it is somewhere in there. Maybe an BP expert can assist you there....

Thank you for the suggestions...I have eaten all of those things. Just hoping for some REAL food. When can you eat shaved turkey and bread or toast????I thought I could have chicken so I have been eating small portions of skinless boneless chicken in juice and had no problem. But when I called the office they said no..not for a month. I had no problem. I can have fish..a lot of cod ..mini pieces moist .I I'll go have some cream of rice. thanks again Diva girl

I'm with you on smells!!!!!

Some smells (food) would make me chatter and salivate like a cat looking at a bird thru a window... pre surgery...

Now those same smells make my tummy turn sometimes.

It actually helps though so maybe it's a good thing!! Lol

How long ago did you have surgery? Wow 25 lbs. already??? What are you eating on a daily basis...love to know. I'm at 2 weeks and only 15!!! wonder why such a difference. Are you counting from the surgery day or from last weighed before surgery? I lost 10 lbs. on the no starch diet the week before the surgery...so my total since then is 26lbs...we e at the same place, love to keep in touch on this journey. Thanks Diva girl!

heather, you know how to add the weight ticker? and to change the number of lbs. you have lost?...I have no idea thanks

I don't think you can do it on your phone.

Just pc

-Login

-click on your username/profile

-click on ticker and then the process starts from there (I believe)

For weight loss

-I actually think when you click on ticker then in the right hand corner it'll say something like

"Total pounds lost in bariatricpal"

Then input your before weight and your current weight

I'll check my account on my pc when I get out of the tub ... hahaha

For my weight loss;

I'm 3.5 week post op

I started incorporating solid foods this week

I drink my Water

I eat my Protein (my doc standards are 50-70gm a day so I've been hitting that daily with food)

I take my Vitamins etc

It's a science for sure but I think I'm getting better at it!

At 2 weeks I was down exactly 20 lbs so your 15 lb weight loss is pretty darn awesome! Keep it up!! :)

I didn't have a preop diet. (Well not one that the doc had me on but I did my own but didn't lose anything. Ugh!)

If I told you misinformation about the ticker and how to change your weight then I apologize, but I will double check my pc in a little while for you :)

Heather

Hi Divagirl,

I was correct in the finding the Ticker - go into your username and click on "my ticker"

but I was wrong about the weight change

click on "my settings" and you'll see the "total weight lost bariatricpal" and change your weight there.

hope this helps

Heather

how do I add the body weight ticker??? and change the amount of weight I've lost.

Yes. I am "off" smells I liked before, both food and non-food. And that changes from day to day. So, wait -- maybe you'll like the smells again.

Thanks so much...I hope so. I ate eggs every day of my life for Breakfast and now the smell of them gags me...( great source of protein)I really need some solid food. I am at 2.5 weeks in. Let's keep in touch! Diva girl

Smells for sure !!!

The first few weeks after surgery it was worse than it is now ... but my mom stayed with me for a few days ... and she made a bowl of Cheerios .. I almost lost it ... I had to leave the room and close the bedroom door ... YUCK !