Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm about 2 weeks post op and I haven't lost any weight for the past few days. Today I started week 3 of the diet which is great but I feel defeated. My weight has been steady at 228lbs and doesn't seem to be going down. I've been doing at least 60g of Protein per day. I'm drinking enough fluids as evidenced by my urine. So I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else post op?

I know how you feel. I had my surgery on 09/28. After the first week, I stopped losing weight. I stayed at the same weight for at least 5 days. I tried to not get depressed but it was hard to stay upbeat. It was ridiculous that I was afraid it was my fault. I mean, I am barely getting in 500 calories a day.

Anyway, yesterday the scale went down a pound and this morning it went down another. I'm hoping that it is over, at least for now.

Good luck and try not to let it bother you too much.

It's happened to almost everyone else. Sometime between week 2 and week 3 weightloss stops for anywhere from several days to a few weeks. Stay off the scale for a while if it is going to stress you out. You aren't doing anything wrong, and weight loss will start up again, but you can't force it. Just use the search box here and search the forums for "three week stall" or "week three stall" and you will see what I mean.

Thanks guys! After posting this I was looking about and reading a lot of the posts about stalls. It just had me worried because I'm like 'dude I'm only getting in like 500 calories a day how can I not be losing weight?!' I know that your body goes into starvation mode if it feels that it's not getting enough calories. So I was worried that it was that happening. It reminded me of my pre op days when I noted that if I only had 4 shakes then I would not lose weight but if I had the mandatory 5 then I would lose a pound or so. It was so weird.

Honestly I'm really sick of the Protein shakes but I know I have to have them in order to get my Protein in. Any suggestions on making them better? I've blended with ice and added PB2 which is helpful but not enough. I need recipes...or something. I've even tried the Protein powder and it tastes off to me even though it's unflavored. I've tried to make smoothies with it and ended up throwing the smoothie out because I couldn't tolerate it.

I can't do the Isopure anymore because I noted that it gives me really bad heartburn despite taking my ppi meds. I was dreaming this week that my chest was on fire but it was the heartburn from drinking Isopure the night before!

It's really been a process and I started becoming super stressed out because weight hasn't been coming off even though I'm doing everything I was supposed to! I just keep trying to do everything I need to. I'm hoping that this weight comes off soon. I don't want to feel like a failure again...I felt that way when I had my Lapband and it sucked!

When I was still on liquids I got tired of sweet shakes, so I really liked the ProtiDiet Tomato basil and creamy chicken Soups. You might also want to try the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup.

By the third week I was also able to have Greek yogurt and cottage cheese.

I am glad you realized that you are having a third week stall.

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process. Just stay off the scale if it's going to cause you anxiety.

Best of luck.

Same here. Surgery 9/30 - 14 days today. Loosing like gang busters first week, but have been stuck for several days now. Nice to know that it is just the dreaded stall.

We will just have to hang in there and stay the course.

I am a 9/30 sleeve too. I don't own a scale. I can't handle the stress. I am drinking two shakes a day, premier chocolate. Is you live vanilla, then try premier vanilla. Also at dollar trss you can buy sugar free mocha and hazelnut syrups and add them to the shakes. I have lost 15 since surgery.

If you love.....

I started making puddings out of my shakes and it seemed easier to eat them rather than drink them all the time. I use almond milk, Protein powder, and a small amount of sugar-free instant pudding. I blend it with my nutra-bullet and then let it set up for awhile in the refrigerator. Hope that helps someone.

So I decided I'm going to get rid of my scale. I'm constantly checking my weight because yeah I'm that girl! I went on today and it said I'm up to 231. I haven't changed anything or gone crazy so I'm like wtf! I'm doing my puréed foods and measuring everything out so I know exactly how much I'm getting...but wtf! Arghhhh!Either way, I'm praying its muscle because I'm gonna cry.

So today to change it up I mixed my Protein shake (Premier Protein chocolate flavor) with some extra Protein Powder, half a frozen banana & PB2 powder. That bumped up the Protein to about 59g. That way I only have to do one shake today and get my protein from other sources. I'm so tired of the sweet flavor. I'm going to buy that unjury broth so I can get some protein from there too. Is there anywhere else that actually sells it without buying from online? I haven't been able to find a store that carries it. I'd rather have it now then to wait on shipping.

So I decided I'm going to get rid of my scale. I'm constantly checking my weight because yeah I'm that girl! I went on today and it said I'm up to 231. I haven't changed anything or gone crazy so I'm like wtf! I'm doing my puréed foods and measuring everything out so I know exactly how much I'm getting...but wtf! Arghhhh!Either way, I'm praying its muscle because I'm gonna cry.

So today to change it up I mixed my Protein shake (Premier Protein chocolate flavor) with some extra Protein powder, half a frozen banana & PB2 powder. That bumped up the protein to about 59g. That way I only have to do one shake today and get my protein from other sources. I'm so tired of the sweet flavor. I'm going to buy that unjury broth so I can get some protein from there too. Is there anywhere else that actually sells it without buying from online? I haven't been able to find a store that carries it. I'd rather have it now then to wait on shipping.

Congratulations on giving up the scale. It will make a big difference in your peace of mind.

Don't forget that we can only digest about 20-25 grams of protein at a time, so if you amp up your Protein Shake, be sure to divide it up into smaller portions and drink it at different times.

Ahh good to know! I didn't realize that!!! I usually take like about 2 hrs drinking my shake. So I just drank half and I'll drink the other half later. I'm really glad that I'm on here and I'm able to meet people like you guys. It's helping me along...I was starting to go cray cray.

Good for you for putting the scale away. It will just drive you crazy unless you realize that this won't be a constant downward slope. Although it will be mostly down, you'll still have ups, and even times where things stay the same for a while. You'll get used to it with time. Doesn't make it any less aggravating! I still get aggravated about it from time to time at 14 months out!