Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really starting to regret having the surgery

It will get better.My friend who had the sleeve I July had the same problem .She was literary sucking on peppermint candies because it was that bad..,,then it got better...,much better...

Sugarfree hard candy.< /p>

When you are experiencing medically related difficulties, it is always a sound decision to contact your medical team for guidance and suggestions.

I hope you feel better fast.

I am 7 months post op. I used to vomit at least one meal a day, sometimes more. That just started to calm down for me. First I noticed that it wasn't happening every day. then I noticed it was only a few times per week. Now I notice that it's only twice a month. I was close to 5 months post op before I noticed it getting better.

I'm not sure how helpful that is other than to say that there is hope. I did tell the nurse every time I visited. She didn't seem overly concerned.

It's really important to slow down and chew, chew, chew your food. Eating too much wasn't the issue for me because I never got that far. I would get sick after the first few bites. My issue was speed, not chewing enough and also eating dry things. Since you can't drink Water when you eat, you should try to eat wet or moist foods. (BTW - they did tell you not to eat and drink at the same time, right? Stop drinking 30 min before any meal.)

It got better over time. I hope it does for you, too! Definitely let your nurse or surgeon know about it so that they can help you problem solve and also make sure nothing else is going on.

Sorry to read about your difficulties, but this web site is full of answers to your questions. First off, see and or call for advice from your Bariatric department, you'll never now if it is really something more than just trying to eat or drink. Never forget that this is a life changing event and there are steps to learn and follow for the rest of your life. The more knowledge you have the better managing post op.

3 weeks post op... still trying to learn how to sip and eat with your altered insides= try using a tiny cocktail spoon or baby spoon for both eating and drinking. This will allow you to control the amount of food and liquids going in, and if it is just retraining on how-to" with post op WLS your should get relief and keep things down.

I did this freshly post op and was really surprised to note the difference pre op and post op getting the nutrients in. It is all about fueling your body and not just pleasing your tastes buds. "Food" gets a different meaning and use post op... it's just for living.

Every time I eat or drink anything I throw up. I'm 3 weeks post op today

I regretted surgery for about 4 months, I had a stricture that's cause me vomiting, pain, etc etc. I'm not 7 months and super happy! Just hung in there, give little more time. I know it's hard but that's all you can do now. Call your doctor if you worry something it's wrong. It's not an easy journey but it's worth it!

What has your surgeon said in regard to this ?

I regretted surgery for about 4 months, I had a stricture that's cause me vomiting, pain, etc etc. I'm not 7 months and super happy! Just hung in there, give little more time. I know it's hard but that's all you can do now. Call your doctor if you worry something it's wrong. It's not an easy journey but it's worth it!

I am just now 1 month and 5 days out. I've dealt with Constipation (not really, still have it) and at close to one month started getting food stuck, salivating like mad and vomiting. After about a week of this nonsense, I got re- admittied (three hours from home) for IV fluids and astimosis dilation. I had a severe 3mm stricture that was dilated to 10mm on 10-15. He said there is a possibility that it will have to be repeated and I believe him. Not something to mess around with. I was sent home on Friday and today, Monday I felt that same tight, stuck pain right after trying to eat. Thinking it might be time for stretch out #2. I'd say discomfort and vomiting on the same food you were able to tolerate a week or two prior is cause for concern. Also.. when or if liquid causes pain and also shoot back out- GO TO THE DOCTOR. Now I know.. Hope this helps someone else.

I am just now 1 month and 5 days out. I've dealt with Constipation (not really, still have it) and at close to one month started getting food stuck, salivating like mad and vomiting. After about a week of this nonsense, I got re- admittied (three hours from home) for IV fluids and astimosis dilation. I had a severe 3mm stricture that was dilated to 10mm on 10-15. He said there is a possibility that it will have to be repeated and I believe him. Not something to mess around with. I was sent home on Friday and today, Monday I felt that same tight, stuck pain right after trying to eat. Thinking it might be time for stretch out #2. I'd say discomfort and vomiting on the same food you were able to tolerate a week or two prior is cause for concern. Also.. when or if liquid causes pain and also shoot back out- GO TO THE DOCTOR. Now I know.. Hope this helps someone else.

I wish you the best.

Thanks for posting. Hopefully folks will read and stay in close contact with their surgeons.

I had same problems, my doctor didn't believe me or the gastroenterologist who enlarge the structure 2 times so I had this problem for 3 weeks. There are some food that I can't eat like meats or fish, at 7 months I try chicken Soup yesterday and was ok. I know how you feel. I cry and pray God so many times, I give up my job, I couldn't think straight I have maybe 200 cal in my body, but then at the 4 month was getting better and better.

I was admitted again on Tuesday 10-20 for another dilation and dehydration as a result of the stricture. Scheduled for #3 next Monday. I hope that it gets open and stays open. My stricture was 3mm the first time and 2mm the 2nd. It seems angry. Two prescriptions for acid- Protonix and carafate... Hoping things calm down. If you get to the point you can't keep anything down, you MUST go to your doctor or ER. I have had Iv's twice in the last week, severely low potassium and low bp. Don't mess around, strictures are bad news, but treatable so they tell me. Hope you are doing better!!