Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

Thanks Sunshine!! I'm nervous but I'm ready! I feel like I've been on hold for the past month and that life will start again tomorrow :rose:

I'll check in when I get home!!

Jill

I've made my choice. I'm going with Dr. Gonzalez. :clap2:My financing as been approved and I've requested my surgery date for either the end of October or the first of November. Now to get the time off of work. Any one have any suggestions as to what to tell my boss other than what I'm actually doing?:help: I was thinking of telling them I am getting my tubes tide but I'm not sure as to what the recovery time would be on that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps any, your surgical scars will be exactly the same as that of a hiatal hernia repair and recovery will be the same (except for the post op diet).

Keep in mind, the post op diet is a dead give-away many times.

Thanks for the suggestions. I work two job everyday. One is in an office sitting on by tush(8am- 1 pm) and the other is at my daughters daycare(2pm-7pm). Orginally I thought I could have the surgery on a Friday, recover over the weekend and be back at my desk Monday morning. After reading few post though I'm not to sure returning to work so quickly is a good idea. I will most likely take a weeks vacation from my desk job but I'm new at the daycare so I have no time off available. At the daycare I am on my feet, moving around, and picking up kids. Do you think I will be able to work this job so soon after sugery?

NMSunshine- Right now I'm totally laughing at your comment" six months later showing up pregnant" thinking no way that's going to happen but then again ya never know. Maybe in six months I'll have a body that my husband can't resist!:whoo:

omlagirl,

You won't be able to lift more than 10lbs for a while. The daycare job will be hard the first few weeks.

The 'can't resist' is something I'm concerned about with my DBF (dear boyfriend and life partner). After I lose my fat He'll be after me morning, noon, night and worse of all 3am.!!!

:help::help::help: EVERYONE AND ANYONE

I can see that I have been neglectful with my diet. Yesterday I read that the doc wants us to eat only 4 ounces of food per meal.

I have been eating as much as 16 ounces at a time. Often it hurt afterwards. I'm afraid that I stretched my pouch? Or worse what if I made my band slip :faint:

Later Yesterday I did the 4 ounces thing. That is such a small amount of food!!

How do I know if I damaged my band or stretched my pouch???

Thanks for the suggestions. I work two job everyday. One is in an office sitting on by tush(8am- 1 pm) and the other is at my daughters daycare(2pm-7pm). Orginally I thought I could have the surgery on a Friday, recover over the weekend and be back at my desk Monday morning. After reading few post though I'm not to sure returning to work so quickly is a good idea. I will most likely take a weeks vacation from my desk job but I'm new at the daycare so I have no time off available. At the daycare I am on my feet, moving around, and picking up kids. Do you think I will be able to work this job so soon after sugery?

NMSunshine- Right now I'm totally laughing at your comment" six months later showing up pregnant" thinking no way that's going to happen but then again ya never know. Maybe in six months I'll have a body that my husband can't resist!:whoo:

Omalgirl-

I thought the same thing.....have the surgery on Friday and return to my desk job on Monday! HA....I was wrong. I had intended to return to work that Thursday, which would have given me almost a week off....well, I had to call off the rest of the week. I had extremely bad gas pain and I was just miserable. I am not saying that this will be you, because obviously, I did not move enough....but just keep that in mind. Recovery was harder than I had expected. Now, I am two weeks out and I feel much better. Take as much time as you can get.

:help::help::help: EVERYONE AND ANYONE

I can see that I have been neglectful with my diet. Yesterday I read that the doc wants us to eat only 4 ounces of food per meal.

I have been eating as much as 16 ounces at a time. Often it hurt afterwards. I'm afraid that I stretched my pouch? Or worse what if I made my band slip :faint:

Later Yesterday I did the 4 ounces thing. That is such a small amount of food!!

How do I know if I damaged my band or stretched my pouch???

Sunshine-

I am not certain how much I am eating at a time....I don't think it is 16 oz, but it may be 5 or 6 and I have thought the same thing.....did I do any damage. food seems to be going down way too easily and being on that Prednisone for the allergic reaction and my period coming up, has made me feel like I need more food. If you find anything out let me know. I have read this before about people eating more than what they are suppose to and I guess if it was that easy to slip your band, it would be happening a lot.

Thanks Sunshine!! I'm nervous but I'm ready! I feel like I've been on hold for the past month and that life will start again tomorrow :)

I'll check in when I get home!!

Jill

BlueEyedKitty -

Good luck and get in touch with me when you get home and get situated. Everything will be okay.

Lap Bandit

More than a few times I have made diet pudding and ate the whole thing. That would be 16ounces of nonfat milk and the pudding mix. Then suffer the pain afterwards. I must be nuts cause that is how I got myself in this fat mess in the first place!!!!

I'll let you know what I find out.

Its sooo good to hear everyone has done sooo good!!!!! Im back on schedule for surgery with doctor Gonzalez! After I broke my wrist on a super nasty fall I had to cancel, but I'm back!!!!!!yea BABY! This Time broken wrist and all!!!!Im doin it!!!!Its done and nothin'stoppin me now!

Hotmomma- welcome back! I'm scheduled with Dr. G on November 10th. Let me know if I should keep an eye out for you!:nervous

Its sooo good to hear everyone has done sooo good!!!!! Im back on schedule for surgery with doctor Gonzalez! After I broke my wrist on a super nasty fall I had to cancel, but I'm back!!!!!!yea BABY! This Time broken wrist and all!!!!Im doin it!!!!Its done and nothin'stoppin me now!

Hotmomma,

I was wondering where you were at. I thought maybe you bailed on the surgery. Good to hear you are back. Hope you are feeling better! Good Luck!

Hey Everyone, I'm back and banded!!!!:whoo:

Too exhausted for the rundown of my trip right now, but will write more tomorrow after ive had some sleep. So when will I be able to take a deep breath again?? Feels like there's no room in my chest!!!!!