Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

Hi all-

I am back....well, I am actually at the San Diego airport right now. It was a waste taking my laptop because this was the only place that I could use it.

I just have to say WOW!!! Dr. Gonzalez took such wonderful care of me and Laura and Dr. V are awesome. Laura drove us everywhere and took care of basically all our needs while in Tijuana, I just can't say enough about how wonderful they were. I did have extreme gas and on saturday night my friend called laura because I was having a lot of pain and she came and got me because Dr. Gonzalez wanted to see me in the clinic, so at around 4:30, I went back to the clinic and Dr. G was checking and he felt that I was having too much pain and wanted to take me back to the OR to make sure that I was not bleeding. I went back in and I was just full of gas, he looked around and said everything was fine. I felt a 100% better after coming around, I did not have the severe pain that I had been having prior to going back to the OR. When I had my last c-section I experienced the same type of pain. I am feeling a little gassy right now, but not anything like yesterday. Definitely take the gas-x strips along and walk a lot to break up the air bubbles.

NM Sunshine- I am glad all went well. Laura had mentioned when she picked us up that she had to go back to the airport to take a patient back and I told her if it was NM sunshine to tell her I said "Hi".

All in all, things went extremely well and I would do it again in a heart beat. The staff was beyond amazing and they CARE....they would not have sent me home in the pain that I was in and they did not just do the procedure and let me at the hospital to suffer.

Chubbyone - I forgot my journals and I even forgot all about them when I got there and the dietician did not ask me for them. We discussed all of the stages and she did measurements and yes, the scales weigh heavier....I think about five pounds heavier than mine at home.

I will keep you posted and let you know how things progress. Unfortuantely while I was in TJ, my boyfriend called and told me that My fill doctor that I was scheduled to see had to cancel my appointment because she is having surgery, So, Dr. V is going to see if he can find me another one.

Good luck to all who are going to be banded soon. I don't think that you will regret going to Dr. Gonzalez. He is Great! He is a hottie too :heh:

:clap2:CONGRADULATIONS So glad to hear all went well. You really get the feeling that all 3 of them really care, don't you. I'm so glad I didn't go with Dr. Ortiz.

Is the nutritionist staying in touch with you by email?

I know that damn scale added about 5 pounds over my scale. It was weird to starve on that liquid diet and actually gain weight!!!

I'm just going to put out for the ticket and get my fills with Dr. G. With 2 weeks advance notice they can be pretty cheap.

Actually I think you can get wireless interenet at hospital. You just need to ask the nurses for a code. Thats what Dr. V told me, but it was my last day so I didn't try.

Congrats on your successful procedure. I have been following your progress with interest as I moved from NM a little over a year ago to Western NY. The insurance I have advises they don't cover WLS surgery at all so I am entertaining the possibility that I may end up as a self pay in Mexico. I will continue pressing the issue with UCP and look forward to your updates.

KAT77

Hi. Dr. Gonzelez is tops if your insurance keeps refusing to pay. Wish you luck on getting them to pay.

Do you Miss NM?

BTW every day I am feeling better.

You're probably home by now. I had to sleep a lot during the first few days at home. Now I feel pretty good. I've transferred over from clear liquid to not clear. I don't think the puried stage starts for a while.

I found out that if you eat too much of anything, you won't know it until a few minutes after. I get a powerful stomach ache.

Won't be around for a few days so CONGRADULATIONS.

Reading about your great experience NM has made me happy and confirmed my choice of surgeon, Dr. Gonzalez and his team do score very high all the way around. Lap-bandit congrats to you too! your wonderful experience and the way that you were checked again immediately at the slightest hint of a problem tells me this team is a very professional group of doctors. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing. Laura sounds like she makes thing go smoother for everyone. My anxiety has disappeared, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Please keep us all posted.

Sunshine and LapBandit, many thanks for sharing the details of your trip! I will be banded 2 weeks from today by Dr Gonzalez, and reading your posts does so much to soothe my anxieties!!!

Jill

For those of you who went to Mexico, where do you go for fills if you can't arrange to go to Mexico? What about post op complications? I've heard that doctors in the US don't want to have anything to do w/those who got banded in Mexico? I'm asking because I'm considering Dr. Orwitz, in Tijuana.< /p>

I don't think that you will be disappointed about your decision to go with Dr. G. I think the worst thing about my whole experience was the gas pain and the second worst thing was my long flight, but that really could not be avoided when I live across the country. When I first tried to get a flight, I was looking for nonstop ones and there was only one and that was really expensive, so I went with one layover and I honestly can say that I am glad I had that layover. It gave me time to stretch and get something to eat.....or I should say drink ;)

BTW - Don't forget your Gas-X. You will be glad to have it. I am not certain how effective the strips are compared to liquid. I had the strips and they helped, but I still had pain. Today, I got gas pain in my one shoulder and I layed down and put a heating pad on it and it seemed to really help. I wish you both luck. Keep in touch and let us know how everything goes.

For those of you who went to Mexico, where do you go for fills if you can't arrange to go to Mexico? What about post op complications? I've heard that doctors in the US don't want to have anything to do w/those who got banded in Mexico? I'm asking because I'm considering Dr. Orwitz, in Tijuana.< /div>

Gracie-

I live on the East Coast and when I was going through the process of getting set up for my surgery, Dr. Valenzuela the clinical manager for Dr. Gonzalez, called around to different doctors near me to see about getting me set up for fills. He worked until he found me a fill doctor, or otherwise, I would not have had the surgery, because getting fills is a part of your success at weight loss. He did run into some problems, because some doctors just do not want to deal with someone else's patients, but there were some that had no problem seeing me. I wished that I was closer to Mexico so that I could take advantage of the free fills, but my plane ticket would cost more than having a fill done at home.

hey Lap-bandit

How is your pain doing? It was really nice meeting you in TJ.

After the plane ride and six hour drive home and two footballgames the next day has done me in. I am just relaxing today.

I just want everyon that is going are thing about going to Dr. G a great choice. What caring people. My surgery went well and I had very little gas ( thanks to lapbandit for sharing her gas x). The whole team takes good care of you. They take the time to answer all of your questions. Laura ran us around very helpful she even took us shopping. The clinic was clean and everyone new there stuff.

Laura even went above and beyond for us. I needed to pick up some cancer tonic for a gentleman that was not able to make the trip himself.I was not surehow I was going to make it to get it. So Laura grabbed my mom and drove her to get the medicine while I was in surgery. What a great women. Now I am on way to a new life.:whoo:

I just got back from ABQ. I won $102,000. in damages from a legal malpractice suit. :bandit My malpractice lawyer who did this for free (because he wants to see the other lawyer disbarred); told me to do reasearch on his assets. He has no insurance and may not have anything. At least I got that piece of paper.

I haven't had any hunger pains since I was banded. I don't have a desire to eat either. So I'm still on liquids and force myself to eat for nutrition. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THIS DAY:eyebrows:

lap_bandit how R U feeling? I'm still gassy and my tummy is still swollen and hard.

hey Lap-bandit

How is your pain doing? It was really nice meeting you in TJ.

After the plane ride and six hour drive home and two footballgames the next day has done me in. I am just relaxing today.

I just want everyon that is going are thing about going to Dr. G a great choice. What caring people. My surgery went well and I had very little gas ( thanks to lapbandit for sharing her gas x). The whole team takes good care of you. They take the time to answer all of your questions. Laura ran us around very helpful she even took us shopping. The clinic was clean and everyone new there stuff.

Laura even went above and beyond for us. I needed to pick up some cancer tonic for a gentleman that was not able to make the trip himself.I was not surehow I was going to make it to get it. So Laura grabbed my mom and drove her to get the medicine while I was in surgery. What a great women. Now I am on way to a new life.:whoo:

IDLOSERSM-

It is great to meet you as well and it also great to hear you are doing well. I still have some gas....I must be a gassy person.

I tried going to the grocery store yesterday and I think it was a little premature. I did go to my son's football game last night and that was okay...but I didn't drive. Next week is full of football games - three in a row.....hopefully, I will be able to drive without problems (I have a stick shift).

Take care and I will email you soon.

WOW! Congratulations Lap-bandit, Idlosersm! I'm glad everything went well and without a hitch. I had the best experience and have lost about 3lbs a week! I finally rule over my cravings, I think I finally got the hang of it. At first I was kinda nervous because I still felt hungry and I was told the lap band would help me control hunger but you know what its not right away. It takes some getting used to and I'm there now so I know you will too. Sunshine, so when are we going to Vegas and spend some of that hefty chunk of change you just got? Just kidding, congratulations on your legal victory!