Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved August 26 but only 20lbs

Need a bit of information to help.

Starting weight/height.

What are you eating?

Do you exercise?

Are you meeting protein/fluid goals?

Most importantly, have you called your doctor/NUT?

Thank you.

I am 5"5

Start weight 255lbs

35 years old/ female

I am currently eating eggs, vegetarian Protein sausages, soups; home made chicken Soups with chicken and vegetables, diluted juices; Apple juices and pineapple . I can't swallow chicken, as it feels bad going down but I chew it and swallow the juices and spit the rest out. ( excuse the grim details)

Happy for any suggestions. Thanks.

Exercise, I am walking only at the moment.

Juices have a lot of carbs/sugars normally. I would not drink those and watch the sodium levels in the Soups because that can make you retain Water. Also are you getting in enough water?

Stalls are completely normal. I stalled at 3 weeks post op for almost 2 weeks. Very frustrating but it will pass and you WILL start losing again. Just stick to the plan.

Gabbisha, what is your NUT saying. I have a phone appointment with mine this Wednesday. Are you eating well? Let's compare notes. What's your start weight, age etc.

Tips from a successful sleever on what made me more successful than most (in my observation and talking with others who were sleeved at the same time as me)

1. Protein and Produce before Carbs and Crap. If it is a starchy veggie or fruit, put it in the carbs and crap category (any root veg like potatoes, carrots, parsnips unless consuming less than a teaspoon per meal). Green leafies and very low carb veg (spinach, mushrooms, sometimes onions and peppers in very small amounts) are the only things that should go in the produce category so far.

2. Track, track, and track some more! Find a website you like. I like sparkpeople.com because it has a function to let you enter in your own recipes by ingredients, calculate servings, etc so you know exactly what you are putting in your body.

3. Watch your calories! At this point, you should still be around 650-800 calories per day total. And your carbs! You should be around 50 total for the day, if not less.

4. Keep your Protein HIGH with lean meats such as tuna, shrimp, chicken (dark meat is OK if you have trouble with white meat), and extra lean ground beef. Fill up on your meat portion FIRST before you take a single bite of any veg or side dish!! This will keep you fuller longer and stop blood sugar spikes that cause false hunger later. If you find you are hungry between meals, plain non-fat greek yogurt (single serve cup) sweetened with splenda or similar will cut cravings and give you an extra protein boost.

5. You have no more hunger hormone; you are not physically hungry you are either thirsty, emotional, or bored! Take a drink of Water (or a few!) and find an activity to do instead of eat unless it is a designated meal time. AVOID SNACKING LIKE THE PLAGUE! That "eat every few hours" concept is bunk and can lead to you eating hundreds of extra calories during the day you do not need.

6. Plan your meals out in your tracker first thing in the morning so you know exactly what you are going to eat and when. This helps curb snacking because future meals are no longer an unknown.

7. Get moving! It doesn't have to be much. Park your car further from the door and jog at a comfortable pace to and from your car. Take stairs. Get up and dance to the theme songs of tv shows you watch. Dance with your cat, dance with your gram, just move a bit!

8. No refined sugar. PERIOD. You'll get it back later, but for now, Splenda is your best friend!

9. Watch your portion sizes! At this point, one third measured cup total per meal (unless it is something like plain non-fat yogurt or similar) should be more than enough. One extra bite today leads to two next week which leads to very little restriction a year out.

10. Lastly, if you are having trouble emotionally adjusting or the thought of letting go of food is troubling you, find a therapist to talk to. They are invaluable throughout this experience!

I am almost two years out. I lost almost all my weight in 10 months after surgery using these parameters and I have been able to keep it off for 13 months. Good luck! :)

Edited by LumpySpacePrincess

I was sleeved 8/27 and was 315 the day of surgery and today i weigh 285. I have had two stalls already but dr and nut keep saying i am doing great. I am a little reluctant to try new foods as most aren't agreeing with me so i still mostly stick to 3 protien shakes a day, one triple zero greek yogurt, a banana or grapes (to help with constipation), and lemon Water. Otherwise, i just graze whatever the family is having or whatever i cook them, but like i said most of it isn't agreeing. I usually have a shake with them at the table while they eat. And if you are still having periods, dont forget bloating and water weght from that is a factor. That was actually the culprit of my first "stall". And my nutritionist told me if i feel like I've overeaten or eaten badly, i can always do a reset and go back to liquids for a day or two. Sometimes that can also kickstart a stall back in gear. Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself! :)

I was sleeved August 25th. Starting SW 210, CW 190. I'm 5'2. I have also lost 20# and have been at this weight for 2 weeks. I have stalled a couple times. When I do- I lose inches. I had a NSV yesterday. Went to the outlet mall to buy a couple bras and asked them to measure me. The girl told me I was a 40 C! I had been a 44 DD. I was certain she was wrong, no way was I going to be able to wear a C cup. Well- she was right!! I was doing a happy dance and thanked her at the checkout!!!!

@@LumpySpacePrincess gave you some of the best advice I've seen around these parts.

I'm a couple weeks further out than you, and I can rarely eat vegetables at this point - it's all Protein. For Breakfast I have one scrambled egg with a little cheese in it. For lunch I have one slice of meatloaf, or some steak, or chicken, or shrimp, or fish, or meatballs (Costco) whatever is leftover from dinner the night before - no more than1/3 cup.

After dinner I like a sugar-free popsicle.

For Breakfast, if I don't feel like cooking an egg, I'll have a dannon light & fit yogurt (I checked the labels yesterday on that vs. Oikos triple zero - Oikos has 3 grams more Protein but also more carbs), or a piece of lunch meat wrapped around cheese and heated in a pan.

My fluids are crystal light, unless I'm in a store and I'm thirsty then I'll have a bottled Water. Definitely no juice.

That's it.