Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded 7-12-2007

Hello everyone!

I was banded on Thursday and I am so excited about my weightloss journey.

I can't wait to get into the figure that I dreamed about and I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep the weight off.

I'm a little sore but it's bearable.

On my way to a healthier body and life!

~Nya:):whoo:;):heh::eyebrows::clap2::o:kiss2:

Nya,

Congrats on banding!! July 12th must have been a very busy band day...I got banded that day as well and I've read a couple of other people got banded that day too.

Congrats again...I wish you much success on your journey.

Thank you! I can't wait to see how much I am going to transform.

How is everyone doing?

Hi Nya, I am going to be banded tomarrow. I've read a number of posts about pain from the gas that they use to exspand your belly for the surgery. I'm a little worried about it, did you experience gas pains?

Hi Kathy! No, I didn't experience any discomfort at all. Maybe it depends on the person. The only thing I can say that was uncomfortable was the not eating for 24 hours after surgery and then being given broth, Jello, tea, Water and popsicles for my first meal. I had the urge to chew so badly. But I stuck it out. Now I am on mushies. It's uncomfortable trying to sleep because the pain is awful as with any surgery, but it's worth it. I am really looking forward to losing weight.

Good luck and keep your head up Kat!

Hey Gwhite, How is it going now that you've been banded, how do you sleep, how do you feel? Are you getting fuller faster?

How did you get your ticker on your posts? My posting rules says I can't post html

hey! Good name: TRANSFORMERS! Perfect with the movie just being released... : )

Hi Nya

I'm actually feeling pretty good. Still a little sore where my port is but I'm able to sleep. I'm not exactly sure what I'm feeling is full..I have been sticking to the meal plan my doctor put me on..which is 1/2 cup of full liquids 3 times a day. There are times that I feel my stomach rumbling but I'm too chicken to push the limits. I want to make sure I heal completely. I'm on full liquids for 2 more weeks and then mushie for 2 weeks and then real food. But on a brighter note I've lost 10 pounds so far. I probably shouldn't have gotten on the scale but I couldn't resist!

How are you doing? Have you been able to get all your liquids in? I'm finding it challenging to get 64 oz in..but I think its cuz I have never been a big drinker.

<p>Hi Everyone,i Was Banded In Jan 30,2007 And Was In So Much Pain After The Surgery. It Took Me About 2 Weeks To Feel Better. And I Was So Hungry. After 1 Week Of Drinking Liquids I Had To Eat Something I Could Chew So I Soft Scrambled An Egg. It Was The Best Tasting Egg I Have Ever Had. So Stick It Out, It Gets Better As Time Goes By..</p>