Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Big Fat Fabulous Life - Do you watch it?

It's a reality show, people.

That crap is exaggerated and scripted and about as spontaneous as a Julia Childs dinner party.

Good grief.

It's a reality show, people.

That crap is exaggerated and scripted and about as about as spontaneous as a Julia Childs dinner party.

Good grief.

I agree that it is scripted and not spontaneous.

I would love to have been able to attend a Julia Child dinner part!

I have a love/hate relationship with her for many of the reasons you listed above. I have had those days where I think I am doing well, exercising more, eating healthier and then step on the scale to see that I have gained 5-10 lbs. so I get it--it is frustrating. Also to see your family and friends eat the same or worse than you be able to maintain a 155 lb frame is exhausting.

However, I do think she is lazy on the job front. She has lived with her parents a bit too long, hasn't really had a full time job and when she did get a job with a boss she really struggled and acted very immature. The whole, " I am too fat for khaki's is ridiculous because she did find some in her size and just refused to wear them.

I am not a fan of someone putting down a body type, however I am also not a fan of celebrating an unhealthy body either. I hate being overweight and frankly it brings me down everyday. I don't know how she is so happy about not being able to do normal things and have a normal life.

I watch the show on occasion. I truly feel that she is struggling like most obese people. Her downfall is that she isn't consistent. I am sure we all start diets and exercise with great intentions but we fall off the wagon and never jump back on, then at some point later try again when we are faced with having to go up a size or health consequences. I have wondered if she has considered WLS. I love her spirit and think she really has a good heart. I think she can be who she wants to be if she would have continuous accountability and support without enabling. She needs healthy coping mechanisms.

I watch it and I love it. I like how she views her body. I have PCOS too. I am not ashamed of my body HOWEVER I know I need to have this surgery to lose weight before my health starts to decline.

She somehow intrigues me. I don't know that I could be comfortable in her skin... But admire her sense of lightness of personality .

I do like her parents...

What strength it took to film the show and how many of us would open our fat lives to the public? Truly.

I do get it is not reality

So, on last night's episodes, Whitney was definitely easier to take. With the focus on her No Body Shame video and the dance recital they were able to show her caring and compassionate side. It is much more attractive than her manic attention-seeking and whining.