Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Magic Crust Quiche! My FAVE Recipe!

@@Dub When you're ready for some high Protein totally delicious pizza, let me know. It's always been one of my absolute favorite foods. I now eat it 2-3 times per week. The difference now is the crust is made with ground chicken. As weird as that may sound, it tastes AMAZING!!! I shared the recipe on here and with my after care class at mayo last month. We had our monthly meeting tonight and 4 of the 7 people who took a copy of my recipe had made it. No one could believe how wonderful it tasted. My commitment is to not eat bread, Pasta or rice ever again!!! Tonight I gave them my crustless Protein pumpkin pie recipe as well as my protein pudding cups & pops recipe. They said they can't wait to see what I'll bring them next month :D

post-236324-0-35751800-1444708623_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-17973900-1444708670_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-52703800-1444708699_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-81501200-1444708724_thumb.jpg

God I need a good replacement for pizza. Pizza has been my weakness this whole pre op process.

Beachgal can you post your recipes please for the pizza

For those in the "soft" food stage and beyond ... this is my all time FAVORITE recipe! I'm almost 6 months post-op and this remains a staple in my diet. I've shared it before but since there are so many new people at any given time, I thought I'd share it again. I take copies of this recipe to my monthly WLS meetings to hand out and haven't found anyone yet that didn't love it. It may take a little time to prep, but it makes 12 servings that take less than 1 1/2 minutes to reheat in the microwave. Trust me, you will be thrilled then. When I came home from a 3 hour shopping trip yesterday I was so happy I'd made one the day before because I had lunch in a snap! I've never been able to stomach scrambled eggs but because this is so moist and delicious it's never given me any problem. It's also very portable. I take it when I go to someone's house in my lil cooler. If they have a Protein I can eat, I'll add a lil with it. Enjoy :D

Magic Crust Quiche - Ham

Ingredients

2 cups 1% Lowfat Milk

1/2 cup All-purpose flour

5 large eggs

1/2 cup 2% Reduced Fat Pepper Jack cheese shredded

1/2 cup 2% Reduced Fat Swiss cheese shredded

1/2 cup 2% Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded

7 oz Ham diced small

1/4 cup Cooked red bell pepper diced small

1/4 cup Cooked Vidalia or sweet onion diced small

Preheat oven to 350˚. In a blender or NutriBullet, mix eggs, milk and flour until blended, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder or whatever you’d like. In a bowl combine all cheeses, cooked meat and cooked veggies. Now add blended mixture and stir to combine. Pour into an 8”x8” or 9”x9” square glass dish. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let stand 5-10 before serving. You can add whatever cheeses, veggies or meats suit your taste. I steer clear of chicken as it seems to dry to me. The small amount of flour firms up the sides and bottom making the “magic crust” while saving tons of calories. The Nutrition Facts are based on recipe above. FYI - the heavier meats, like ground beef, tend to fall to the bottom. Serving size is approximately 2”x2 1/2”

Nutrition Facts

Servings 12

Per serving:

Calories 120

Protein 12g

Fat 5g

Cholesterol 94 mg

Sodium 253 mg

Potassium 59 mg

Total Carbohydrate 7 g

Sugars 2

Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to try it!

I made this today. I am not on any meat yet so I just used cheese and threw in some salsa- because I only had taco cheese. I also added cumin, salt and pepper. I only had WW pastry flour...

I didn't have any veggies in hand, but would have liked some finely chopped onion and peppers.

I think it turned out pretty well but next time I think I will add my salsa on top.

For me this seemed to make a thick crust- so I am thinking of trying half the flour called for because of the type I am using.

Overall, I think this is really cool and I could see doing all different flavor combos!

post-249589-14447469170265_thumb.jpg post-249589-14447469295458_thumb.jpg

Edited by TMG1980TMG

@@TMG1980TMG Yours looks really good! The flavor possibilities are endless. I've never baked mine in a round pie pan. Baking it in the 9x9 square pan, the crust stays pretty thin. I say whatever works, right?!

Have you ever used a cauliflower crust for pizza?

My WLS mentor/buddy from my group brought some to Brunch on Saturday and it was divine. I would have never known that the crust was made from cauliflower. Plus she added unflavored Protein powder to the cauliflower and the pizza sauce it ended up having 15 grams of Protein per 3 ounces (basically a slice). And that doesn't include the protein from the toppings that include cheese, turkey sausage and chicken sausage.

@@TMG1980TMG Yours looks really good! The flavor possibilities are endless. I've never baked mine in a round pie pan. Baking it in the 9x9 square pan, the crust stays pretty thin. I say whatever works, right?!

Beachgal can you post your recipes please for the pizza

I found a cauliflower crust I want to try... I am interested in your chicken crust tho!

@@taysidebell Here's my pizza recipe. The last time I made the crusts, I bought a 3 lb. package of the ground chicken and it made 19 individual crusts. Now granted, since I could only bake 4 at a time, it took me over 2 hours in the kitchen. I put them in a container (pic) and keep it in my freezer. When I put my pizza stone in the oven and set it to 450° I pull one out. Once the oven is preheated, I just lay it on the hot stone for about 30 seconds on each side then put my sauce and toppings on and back in the oven for 6 minutes. It's well worth the prep time because when you want pizza, you've got it quickly! My husband and son like to order Pizza Hut once a week so now I eat pizza right along with them, only guilt free ;) Lately, I've just been putting cheese and veggies on it since the crust is made of chicken!

PIZZA CRUST – (Chicken)

Ingredients

• One pound ground (raw) chicken breast
  • ¼ cup grated Parmesan
  • ¼ cup Reduced fat 4 cheese Italian shredded cheese – ¼ cup shredded cheese is 1 oz. by weight
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp black or cayenne pepper (I used cayenne)

Tools

• Mixing bowl (stand mixer - easiest combing method)
  • Baking sheet, pizza pan or pizza stone (crispiest crust)
  • Parchment paper
  • Wax paper
  • Rolling pin
  • Pam or any vegetable non-stick cooking spray

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
  1. In a medium bowl combine all of the above ingredients.
  1. Place a wet paper towel on a flat surface then place your parchment paper on it. Spray it with Pam and then put your chicken mixture on top. Mixture makes 6 – 3 oz. portions, so 6 individual crusts. Lightly spray a sheet of wax paper with non-stick cooking spray (makes for easy removal). Place wax paper, sprayed side down and evenly press using a rolling pin to get it as thin as you’d like. Remove the wax paper and place parchment paper on pan bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness).
  1. Put the crust between two paper towels and pat to absorb any grease. It is chicken after all. Then place it on a new sheet of parchment before topping it. Top baked crust with sauce, cheese and you favorite healthy toppings.
  1. Place back in oven on baking sheet or preheated pizza stone and cook until melted and bubbly 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy! If you bake it on a pizza stone it will get crispier.

Crust Only:

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving:

Servings 6.0

Calories 114

Total Fat 3g

Carbohydrate 1g

Dietary Fiber 0g

Sugars 0g

Protein 19g

As Prepared :

1 Tbsp Prego pizza sauce

2 Tbsp Sargento reduced fat 4 cheese Italian shreds

1 tsp sautéed Vidalia onion

1 tsp sautéed red bell pepper

½ oz. cooked 90/10 lean ground beef

Nutrition Facts

Servings 1.0

Calories 238

Total Fat 10g

Carbohydrate 5g

Dietary Fiber 1g

Sugars 2g

Protein 31g

post-236324-0-71398800-1444749172_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-44119300-1444749183_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-40125700-1444749196_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-50728600-1444749208_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-86897400-1444749221_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-29929900-1444749233_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-77936200-1444749241_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-91232000-1444749252_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-79661500-1444749268_thumb.jpg

post-236324-0-27226800-1444749276_thumb.jpg

Edited by beachgal2935

@@TMG1980TMG I made and like the cauliflower crust but it is soft and doesn't reheat as well. I much prefer the chicken crust for two reasons. #1 it's higher in Protein and #2 it has more of a crust feel and gets really crispy around the edges which I love!

Edited by beachgal2935