Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August bypass friends

Wanted to know how you all are progressing..So far for me Hw 363 Sw 340 Cw 303 ..How are you all doing with your weight loss??

By the way my surgery was 8/4/15 and I am 5'9 and 47 years old

Edited by Niki15

Niki15, that is great progress. My surgery date was 8/27/15 Hw 277 Sw 246 Cw 221.

My RNY on August 17th went very well, and I seem to be healing with no complications.

Highest weight: 443

Day of surgery: 387

Current weight: 349

RNY 8-13-15

HW 365+ (my scale says err at 365)
SW 350
CW 300

6' tall
35 yrs old

I have been doing cross-fit for 2 weeks now.
I have been stalled for about a week.

I hate trying to find something to eat.

I also hate trying to figure out how MUCH to eat. I either don't eat enough, or I eat one bite too many. UGH

RNY 8-24-15

HW 332.5

SW 318

CW 286.4

5'5"

42 years old

Just had a follow up visit today and he said I was right on track. I don't have to go back until January, 5th now. That made me happy. I'm struggling with eating because I'm never hungry and have to remind myself to eat. I am doing pretty well at getting at least 70g of Protein because I drink a premier Protein shake (30g) each morning at work. The other day I had a small amount of meatloaf and it was so good, so the next day I tried leftovers and puked right after... What is awesome one day is not so much another day. Another thing I can't seem to stomach is tuna. The only craving I have is for salty & crunchy, and thank heavens for Quest Protein chips (salt & vinegar)!!!

Surgery date 8/4/2015, 5'4 58 years old, 34 pounds since surgery

HW 238 6/2, Surgery Wt. 210, Current Weight 176

I started off being able to eat a lot. I drink 2 Premier Protein shakes a day and eat the rest. At 2 months I upped calories to 650 from 550. I have trouble eating now. I eat something one day, great -- next day I throw up. I go to full liquids for next day. It is a chore. Nothing tastes good except carbs, fruit, vegetables. Protein is hard for me to eat. I eat 1/2 egg. 1 oz of beef or chicken or tuna fish. If I eat 2 oz, it comes up. I have little forks, eat slow.

My surgery date was August 10th. My highest weight was 440 (about 3 months before I first went to see my surgeon), surgery weight was 369, and I'm currently 330.

I have not had much of an issue eating anything recently other than bread and corn tortillas. I did have one biscuit a couple of weeks ago, but it practically melted in my mouth so I had no issues with it. Any other bread doesn't really sit well; not even toast. Corn tortillas frustrate me since I'm Hispanic and used to eat just about anything with tortillas. Ha ha!

It's interesting to read about others getting their Proteins through shakes. I asked once about that and was told to basically stay away from "liquid calories" and to stick with solid Proteins. I've cooked mainly shredded ground beef recipes, or really soft cooked meat so that's my Protein. Grilled or baked chicken as well. Unfortunately I haven't really adjusted how much I cook; I end up with lots of leftovers and tend to eat the same thing several days in a row or vacuum seal and freeze it for later.

Only fruit I've tried is watermelon.

Date of surgery 8/26/15

HW 375

SW 355

CW 311

I have not had any issues and can tolerate almost everything. I feel like sometimes I eat more than what I envision my pouch should be. Started exercising hoping to get over the plateau I have been at for about week.

I have not had too many issues. I am afraid to eat things that are not on my Drs. List. I eat mostly meats and cheeses. I have not tried any grains, breads, Pasta, veggies, or fruits. I have not really had any stalls. I still eat only 1/4 of a cup or 2 ounces of food. My energy level had just started to return. So I have just started to get back to the gym.

Edited by stillmeonlysmaller

I decided to take a picture today, so I thought I might share photos of my current progress. I have lost 85 pounds total and am about 3 and 1/2 months post-op.post-260332-0-74707200-1449800926_thumb.jpg

I decided to take a picture today, so I thought I might share photos of my current progress. I have lost 85 pounds total and am about 3 and 1/2 months post-op.attachicon.gif 85 pounds-3.5 months.jpg

good job keep up the good work..