Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sleeved on Sept 16, and was cleared for soft foods today. So after almost 4 weeks I made a scrambled egg with cheese and ate the whole thing without any problems. Now I feel guilty, like i did something terrible. Was my stomach suppose to hurt or feel weird????? Maybe I am just over thinking, but would love to hear from you experienced sleeves.

Thanks

It varies from person to person but I would say this. At this point you are still healing and if you are waiting for the sensation of being full or pain it may not happen. You need to measure your foods to keep control over your portions.

Everyone is different but when I switched to soft foods I could not eat a whole scrambled egg alone much less with added cheese. Follow your plan and the volume of food it says.

Good luck!!

When I transitioned to soft foods I ate a whole scrambled egg with cheese. It was soft scrambled and took me and hour to eat it, but other than being full I had no issues.

I could try to eat an egg... but my sleeve apparently hated them and it wouldn't stay down. Wasn't able to eat them until about 2-3 months out, but that's just because I developed an aversion to them after the first couple of times trying and failing to eat them. ;)

One large egg is about 1.75 ounces. Add in a little cheese, and you're probably right at 2 ounces of food there. I wasn't able to eat that much until several months out (at least in one sitting), so I'd just say be careful about what you're eating this early on, and measure your food and try to keep it at that level since you seem to be able to tolerate that much food right now.

And I wouldn't feel guilty. You ate some decent Protein and it stayed down. That is a win!

(I love cheese and will not feel guilty for eating it, and if you're not eating tons of it, then you shouldn't either... it IS also decent Protein as long as you're watching the fat and portion size!!)

I was sleeved on 9/11 and can just now tolerate about 4 bites of mashed potatoes. I've mainly stuck with Soups because they go down easy. I feel like i'm not getting enough. I am going to try yogurt and soft fruit today to see if I can handle that.

I appreciate all the responses, i think i just have to be mindful of how much i am eating. Because my sleeve isn't able to stop me yet ;)

I think that everyone is different. I never had problems with eating after getting the sleeve. Trust me though, it will stop you. I am at about 3.5 oz now at 5 months out not even up to the 4 oz yet. Just trust how you feel, don't try to stuff yourself but don't under eat either.