Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

Hey Guy's just check in I also went to my 6mos every is good I'm off my high blood presser med's YAY !! I also try to reset my pouch but I didn't ! but hey the gallon of Water Work's thx to Ron I started to lost again [emoji98][emoji98]did the tick!!

It makes me feel better to hear that many of you are facing similar struggles. It really felt so easy in the beginning and I guess I took it for granted. Now I have to work.

My snacking has been carb-loaded and it triggers cravings for sure.

I've decided (AGAIN!) to do the pouch reset. I need to get these cravings under control.

As for working out, I'm definitely not hitting the 2-3 hours you mentioned. Wow! I work out 3-5 days a week for 1 hour. It's been slow loss lately but I know it's the carbs.

Ok back on track. I want to hit my goal. I keep scrolling the progress pics chats for inspiration. When you've been fat 130 or less seems like a dream. But people on here have done it. If they can, we can. Right?

It makes me feel better to hear that many of you are facing similar struggles. It really felt so easy in the beginning and I guess I took it for granted. Now I have to work.

My snacking has been carb-loaded and it triggers cravings for sure.

I've decided (AGAIN!) to do the pouch reset. I need to get these cravings under control.

As for working out, I'm definitely not hitting the 2-3 hours you mentioned. Wow! I work out 3-5 days a week for 1 hour. It's been slow loss lately but I know it's the carbs.

Ok back on track. I want to hit my goal. I keep scrolling the progress pics chats for inspiration. When you've been fat 130 or less seems like a dream. But people on here have done it. If they can, we can. Right?

I love my carbs too, but what I'm doing is deferring carb eating as long as possible in the day. For Breakfast, I have an egg white and chicken sausage omelet.

Mid morning, veggie burger - no bread. lunch is leftover Protein or chicken meatballs.

Then mid afternoon I'll have a small bowl of skinny pop and meat/green veggies for dinner.

At this point, I've eaten well and hit my protein goal. I've only eaten about 800 calories and then I can have a 250 calorie no sugar desert and a 100 calorie snack before bed.

That's 1150 an combined with 70 ounces of Water and an hour of biking/walking, the pounds keep dropping off.

[quote name="Cape Crooner" post="4148816" timestamp="1462535388"

I love my carbs too, but what I'm doing is deferring carb eating as long as possible in the day. For breakfast, I have an egg white and chicken sausage omelet.

Mid morning, veggie burger - no bread. lunch is leftover Protein or chicken meatballs.

Then mid afternoon I'll have a small bowl of skinny pop and meat/green veggies for dinner.

At this point, I've eaten well and hit my protein goal. I've only eaten about 800 calories and then I can have a 250 calorie no sugar desert and a 100 calorie snack before bed.

That's 1150 an combined with 70 ounces of Water and an hour of biking/walking, the pounds keep dropping off.

That's a perfect day of eating for sure! Congrats on the weight dropping off! Keep us posted.

Hi everyone! It is so hard to believe we are almost 7 months post op! I am 39lbs away from my personal goal of 175! I am still working out only 2-3x a week. My schedule is just crazy! My goal is to lose 1.5lbs a week. I am just trying to be realistic at this point. My average has been 6-8lbs a month since month 3 and I. April I only lost 2lbs. That totally sucked but I am still pressing forward. Yes, it is so much easier to snack now, but I really try to watch it! I don't cut my carbs completely and enjoy fruit, triskets, pretzels and crackers from time to time. I just don't OVER endulge.

post-135979-0-65528400-1463354220_thumb.jpeg

You look great! Congrats on the losses! I've been feeling frustrated lately. Only 6 lbs loss this month but then I'm not being as careful.

I hope more October 2015 people post!!! I love seeing the updates.

I've lost 105 pounds... I need to take a more recent pic in former fitting clothes

post-233125-14633680403891_thumb.jpg

I'm down 95 lbs and on maintenance since March. I had my 6 month checkup last week (a month late) and even the surgeon was impressed with how fast I lost the weight.

I think the key is:

1. Moderate low carb/high Protein diet of about 1400 calories/day.

2. A minimum of 300,000 steps per month (per my activity tracker).

3. 72 ounces of Water (minimum)

@@SleeveandRNYchica @@dede0314 @@Cape Crooner You guys are doing amazing!!!! My loss is still 60 lbs, 20 more to go. I think the closer we get to our goal the slower it gets. I need to walk!

@@SleeveandRNYchica @@dede0314 @@Cape Crooner You guys are doing amazing!!!! My loss is still 60 lbs, 20 more to go. I think the closer we get to our goal the slower it gets. I need to walk!

60, you're doing great. It's a fact that it's much harder for women and those of us over 55. Just watch those pesky carbs and drink plenty of Water. Oh yeah, walking is great, but I think it's more for your general health than actual weight loss.

I'm down 105 pounds, with about 40 left to go to hit my personal goal. I can't believe how slow the loss is now. I'm lucky to lose 5 or 6 pounds a month now. Working out between 2-3 hours every day and keeping the calories around 1200 per day. I'm sure I I'll get there but it is still going to take awhile. Now it is time to start researching plastics for all this loose skin.

post-267913-14634269441578_thumb.jpg

You guys... Its a bit of a story but I need some support.

I've reached goal weight. I'm happier than ever. My friend and whom I thought was my support system when I needed her... Just recently saw me. Told me I looked anorexic. I'm freaking out. She had her surgery 8 months before I did. Different doctor and all. She hasn't reached her goal weight and has a lot of dumping due to bad eating habits. Why am I so concerned about what she says when I'm succeeding and she even said she was jealous... Am I wrong?

Sent from my LG-H634 using the BariatricPal App

@@steph_anie If you're an healthy wealth and your doctor isn't concerned I wouldn't pay her any attention. Some people have already started telling me I look "too little" mind you I'm 190 and 5'3 so I am still obese. I think its jealousy from some people. Congrats on reaching your goal!!

@@steph_anie I have had the same kind of issue with a good friend. She hasn't had surgery, but has been easing back on her exercise routines and not eating very well. The closer I get to her weight it seems the worse I look to her. I think it is jealousy. I just pretty much ignore those comments and try to steer the subject to something else. Not sure how she will take it when I weigh less than her.

Just either ignore her or end the relationship. You have worked to hard to let other people bring you down. This seems to be a fairly common phenomena based on other threads I have seen on here. As long as you are not underweight on the BMI table and you feel good you should just stay on your current path.

I have people telling me all the time now when I tell them I have 20 more lbs to go, oh no you will look too thin! I don't think at 5'5" 150 (in 20 less lbs. 170 now) I will be too thin. Maybe they are trying to compliment me & saying I look great now but it does make you wonder. I'm not trying to be 125 like was in high school, or 135 at 40. I'm 60 now & don't mind keeping a little weight on. So 150-155 I think I will be fine.