Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice

Hey everyone I was banded in 2013 but apparently the doctors I had been seeing were barely filling me. I hardly lost any weight and after 2 years I only had 4cc in my band. I went to a new doc and he gave me a big fill at once and for me up to a little over 5cc( I have a 10cc band) and I've had it since August.

Since that time in finding I can't eat or drink ANYTHiNG until 11 am and even after that I gurgle a lot and can barely get 22oz of Water in me a day. In pretty much only able to eat one meal bc every time I eat I get in horrible pain in my back even after tiny bites. Today I ate a tiny bite of chicken dipped in yogurt sauce and was on agony and threw it up. All day now I have this weir feeling in my throat after I drink. At first I thought it was just me eating too fast or too big of bites bc I feel like I don't have a lot of cc in my band but now I'm thinking I'm too tight what do you think?

I have not been able to eat a solid Breakfast for years....as the day goes on it gets easier, but the restriction is always there.

For Breakfast, I make my own smoothies, high in Protein, with fresh fruit, etc, and I have to consume them very slowly.

It has freed me from binge eating, eating because of emotions, stress, etc, cravings.......unable to ever overeat again. Does not matteer where I'm at, or what I am dong. A party, wedding, vacation, family gatherings for the holidays......the band remains a constant.

Gurgling is common for me...doing it right now with my morning coffee. It's kind of cool!

I had to learn to eat all over agaain...giving up certain foods, eating small bites very slowly, not to drink with my meals...all the rules come into play when you have restriction....step out of bounds and I will pay for it.

I have also learned to stop when the band says stop, and not to force it.

I don't eat meat anymore because it was too risky...and chicken has to be very tender. I'm starting to get away from chicken also.

Things made from flour which includes all cakes (desserts), most breads, donuts...also Pasta.

Can't eat rice so no sushi for me.

And that's just a a ew off the top of my head.

It urns out the things I no longer eat were not that good for e in the first place, so it's a win-win!

In other words, I have learned to "Listen" to my band, and liv accordingly.

That's why I will not call the band a "Tool" as if I have control over it. It is in reality the other way around.

And I don't regret once single thing about it....it changed - saved, my life. Making me 110% successful in my weight loss and regaining my health, having lost ALL excess body fat with only a small healty % remianng.

It just doesn't get any better than that!

As you read throgh these forums, you will see that many people have different approaches as to how to loose weight with the band...as long as they are 100% succesful with no complaints, then that is all that matters.

I gurgle all the time. My grandchildren think I'm very talented