Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant- sleeve or bypass

I am wondering for those who needed surgery to try to combat PCOS or just trying to get pregnant, which surgery did you decide and why? Are you pregnant? Have you had weight gain that you can't loose after pregnancy? Any struggles?

Everything you're asking is really a personal decision. There's no right surgery for if you plan to have a baby post op. You need to weigh the pros and cons of each surgery and make the decision based off your feelings. Losing weight after pregnancy is another thing that depends on the person, and doesn't have anything to do with the surgery you get. If you are lazy about things after baby then there's a chance you won't lose the weight.

Getting personal accounts can help you see how others went through the process, but ultimately it's what will work best for you.

I have the sleeve. I chose the sleeve because I didn't want mal-absorption and I didn't want my insides being rerouted by RNY. I didn't want lapband because I didn't want a foreign object inside of me, and didn't want to deal with getting fills post op. I plan to get pregnant in a year, but pregnancy was not part of my decision on which surgery to get because all 3 surgeries have had successful pregnancies after surgery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches