Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss journey.

The wait. It always feels like you have to wait for something. If it's not a six month diet plan, it's your psychiatrist going on vacation and having to reschedule 3 weeks later. Or it's waiting for an insurance response. Or waiting to find out "the date". But once you get it it goes by fast.

I've been at this for over 7 months and my surgery is 4 days away. I promise there is a light at the end of the pre op tunnel.

The anticipation and uncertainty pre-op was the worst part for me. This was my first surgery ever so I had no idea what the experience would be like.

Definitely the waiting was the hardest. I'm glad it's over for me. I'm 4 months post op now and down 100lbs.

The wait between making the decision and the surgery date is KILLING ME. I am fortunate, I am self paying so I don't have to do the 6 month insurance/dr supervised diet. 24 days and counting!

I have to agree the wait is the worst, I'm another self pay but have been waiting since August - only three more days to go

I'm about to graduate from my 12 month (plus a day) insurance program. I never thought it would get here.

I agree with a lot of folks - the wait seemed tortuous at times. But now that's it's all behind me, it feels like nothing in the grand scheme of things. And I appreciate now that it was all to my benefit in the end, as I couldn't have been more prepared.

Figuring out how to eat. I am vegetarian, allergic to seafood, red dyes, artificial sugars & stevia and pretty much any highly processed food. I didn't really have a long wait and I didn't have a pre-op diet.

The wait. It always feels like you have to wait for something. If it's not a six month diet plan, it's your psychiatrist going on vacation and having to reschedule 3 weeks later. Or it's waiting for an insurance response. Or waiting to find out "the date". But once you get it it goes by fast.

I've been at this for over 7 months and my surgery is 4 days away. I promise there is a light at the end of the pre op tunnel.

Girl i couldn't agree more! I've been at this since Dec of 2014! It's taking forever! Last minute discovery of mild sleep apnea set me wayyyy back. I have an appt on Tues to go in to my surgeons off to sign consent for surgery and have my things submitted to insurance. Here's to praying for a speedy surgery date afterwards!

Girl i couldn't agree more! I've been at this since Dec of 2014! It's taking forever! Last minute discovery of mild sleep apnea set me wayyyy back. I have an appt on Tues to go in to my surgeons off to sign consent for surgery and have my things submitted to insurance. Here's to praying for a speedy surgery date afterwards!

Thanks! I'm now 4 days post op and it was definitely an adventure. Everything is going smooth now but the hospital stay and day of surgery was rough. Glad the wait is over. And I'm already 6 pounds down. :)