Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Are you thinking of coming to Mexico For Surgery? YOU MUST READ THIS POST! Your missing out on a great Doctor if you dont read*

This is MY Personal experience

Let me say YOU ARE CRAZY if you DO NOT use BARIATRIC PAL and Dr. ALTAMIRANO!!!!!

This is what i was looking for . A great hospital, a knowledgable doctor, wanted the extras in a operating room incase of a emergency,Not just a dr. with alot of surgeries under their belt but a good bed side manner ...we were worried about Tijuana ..and wanted to feel safe.

I was looking at 3 different doctors and researched as much as I could as YOU should do as well. Dr. A as we call him is ridicously knowledgeable. Even after all the face time and phone calls and even before and after surgery this doctor TRULY CARES AND WORKS AROUND THE CLOCK.

Me and my husband adored him so much that I waned to take him HOME!!! But I know he needs to be here so he can help so many others who need him Like i do. I am not on his face book yet but i will be once I fly home...and people I HATE FACE BOOK :angry: ...but i am so excited to get on there with everyone else and see my (2 best buddies a mom and son) we had surgery the same day and my bond with them are forever!!..they are good down to earth people.

Our Surgery was friday the 18th.....lets face it surgery is not fun. I had some difficulty with the gas more then others at the time but the doctor stayed apon my status even calling the nurses at night to check in on me. He came to see me everyday. One of the best experience of all was yesterday he came to check on us to release us to recovery house. We were sitting outside and I was still struggeling with drinking and he said he would not release me if i didnt have more liquids in my system. I have to appreciate that he wasnt going to go against any rules are say well you will be ok if u do it later. But back to the best experience ever with a doctor...So me , my husband, and my 2 new surgery friends were sitting outside in the AMAZING little patio area with a waterfall and beautiful landscaping sharing our stories about how we felt and surgery and Dr. Altamirano came and sat with us for as long as and hour in a half to 2 hours and we talked all about the surgieries and procedures and foods.... and things making so much sense of whats not good and how bad process food is and how the body works .... he is not going to do a procedure that he does not believe in.... NO DOCTOR IS THE STATES IS EVER GOING TO SPEND THAT TIME WITH YOU. It was worth a pot of gold to the 4 of us. WHAT A AMAZING EXPERIENCE TO HAVE AND SHARE WITH YOU.

Also there was a another lady who came with her friend and she hung out with us and learned so much as well. Her friend DID NOT GO THRU BARIATRIC PAL and had surgery with someone else and the friend was shocked how much more attention and knowledge we got.

Bariatric Pal is a TEAM -Robert picks you up from the airport and takes you to the hospital and back to airport, Rosa at the hospital is the sweetest lady that helps get your support buddy coffee and Water and ice chips and apple juice for you. Then there is Little Robert he is your personal assistant to the family or friend that comes with you to support you in surgery. Robert takes them to the store or a restaraunt and he goes from room to room to see if anyone needs anything or for a small visit. THESE ARE THE THINGS that give that EXTRA SPECIAL ATTENTION that the poor other lady didnt have. They were always asking us questions where did you get that? They didnt get that person to person attetion. When we got discharged to go to the recovery house, that lady was sad that we were leaving. She truley saw a difference in our care and aftercare and is planning to come next year for a procedure herself and she now will be going thru Bariatric Pal.

( I forgot to mention she got to catch most of that conversation outside with our doctor and of course that won her over again and again)

I wish i could send Dr. A and Bar. Pal team flowers, candy, bake them something because they so deserve it. But i know thats still not good enough for how much I truley APPRECIATE what they have done for me and my family because my life will change for the better I cannot thank you all enough!!

With the biggest hugs and alot of appreciation tears I LOVE YOU ALL Dawn

*whew* That settles it...I'm so happy to hear that I'm making the right choice! I got the paperwork and deposit information a little while ago. I can't wait to get my surgery date :) Congrats on taking the plunge!

*whew* That settles it...I'm so happy to hear that I'm making the right choice! I got the paperwork and deposit information a little while ago. I can't wait to get my surgery date :) Congrats on taking the plunge!

I'M so happy for you -trust me you will love them here...The gas is the worst part PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK.. I fly out tomorrow to head home to start my new journey :D hope i can help an any way

Goooood Luck

Thank you Dawny28 for that awesome review. You must be in the cover photo Dr A. posted on FB! :) My surgery is scheduled with Dr A. in Dec and I love hearing about everyone's journey and what to expect. Good luck on your journey and see you soon on FB!

Lol I'm terrified about the gas- not looking forward to that at all :) Have a safe trip home... I'll get my questions ready :D

Amen to that !

I am not as wordy.

I had Dr. A and he is the best surgeon ever.

Mike