Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Congratulations CrystalClear and Colleen for joining our happy little group!!!

As far as some cramping & pain at 5-6 weeks out, I got that for sure. I thought I was starting my TOM but I guess it was not to be, lol. I didn't get a positive test until late. Now that I am in my final days of pregnancy with a big belly . . . I can say that all was well even with the bit of cramping.

Cherea, how are you feeling? I hope everything is going well for you post band removal and that you are eating OK.

Congrats Crystal.

Everyone is different, but I have had cramps all along in this pregnancy and with my son too. As long as there is no bleeding you should be ok. I however have been spotting this week, I am almost 11 weeks along, had an emergency ultrasound to check on the baby and according to two different doctors, spotting can be normal, and my baby is fine. The heartbeat is great they said and everything else looks good. So I just have to take it easy and pray that I dont have more than a little spotting. It is very scary for me, so I have been pretty paniky about it. I have heard lots of women spot and go on to have normal healthy babies so my fingers are crossed.

Cherea, I am so sorry to hear about your experience, but I too am very happy to hear all is well now with you and your baby! So glad you are near your band doctor and were able to take care of things as needed!

Colleen Congratulations on your pregnancy!

This is my second baby with my lapband, and so far I have had zero complications with my lapband and being pregnant. With my first baby, I got a defill immediatly,but I gained so much weight so fast that I was filled again, and did well. This time around I kept my fill and actually got a bit more put in and am doing just fine in the weight department. I am sure all will go well for you too! Of course always contact your surgeon and verify if you have any questions or concerns at any time!

Candice

I had cramps along the way too and some spotting somewhere between 12-14 weeks (I can't remember exactly when). I went to the doctor and everything has fine. The doctor said she suspected the spotting might have been due to some recent intimate activities.

Once that episode passed, I haven't had any issues except for the normal run-of-the-mill pregnancy symptoms. Spotting definitely doesn't necessarily mean you will have problems as long as you get it checked out.

I finally get to post here that I am pregnant, with twins! 12 weeks. First time trying since all the weight loss, and I had a complete unfill yesterday. Gained about 2 pounds so far (since getting pregnant). Not worried at this point. Scared about the two babies part, but I think that is normal. ;-)

Edited by webenchantressd

Congrats Crystal.

Everyone is different, but I have had cramps all along in this pregnancy and with my son too. As long as there is no bleeding you should be ok. I however have been spotting this week, I am almost 11 weeks along, had an emergency ultrasound to check on the baby and according to two different doctors, spotting can be normal, and my baby is fine. The heartbeat is great they said and everything else looks good. So I just have to take it easy and pray that I dont have more than a little spotting. It is very scary for me, so I have been pretty paniky about it. I have heard lots of women spot and go on to have normal healthy babies so my fingers are crossed.

Cherea, I am so sorry to hear about your experience, but I too am very happy to hear all is well now with you and your baby! So glad you are near your band doctor and were able to take care of things as needed!

Colleen Congratulations on your pregnancy!

This is my second baby with my lapband, and so far I have had zero complications with my lapband and being pregnant. With my first baby, I got a defill immediatly,but I gained so much weight so fast that I was filled again, and did well. This time around I kept my fill and actually got a bit more put in and am doing just fine in the weight department. I am sure all will go well for you too! Of course always contact your surgeon and verify if you have any questions or concerns at any time!

Candice

I had "spotting" with my first child (I wouldn't categorize it as spotting because to me it was quite heavy) and was sure each time it happened that I had miscarried..I would call the Dr. crying telling them it was all over the baby is gone and they would have me come in anyway 'just to be sure'...well I delivered a beautiful healthy baby girl almost 5 years ago...so I can testify that spotting doesn't always mean anything...whatever you do...DO NOT get on the internet and research every little spasm, pain, cramp, spottiness etc...I drove myself NUTSO with all my symptoms and with this pregnancy i've avoided it and i'm much happier and more relaxed.

Hello! I'm so excited to be joining this thread again. I'm 11 weeks preg with my 2nd band baby. It was kinda neat to go back and see some of my posts from being pregnant with my first. Things are going well so far. I have a lot of cramping, but that's about it. Not much nausea or anything.

Hello! I'm so excited to be joining this thread again. I'm 11 weeks preg with my 2nd band baby. It was kinda neat to go back and see some of my posts from being pregnant with my first. Things are going well so far. I have a lot of cramping, but that's about it. Not much nausea or anything.

what happened with your port after you got really big towards the end? Mine is already pushing against my skin and a little sore, i'm wondering how long it will go before it pushes through my skin...LOL j/k but I am a little concerned ..

Congratulations again! I will hopefully do the same next year (looking back on old posts from 1), we are going to try for number 2 then. :)

Hello Everyone! I was banded about three years ago and am now 6 months pregnant! I used to be very active on lapbandtalk.com and would love to rejoin the community for support and to share stories!

HI again, everybody,

Wish me luck tomorrow. We're going in for our 8 week ultrasound to hopefully see a strong heartbeat. I'm soooo nervous. Since I really haven't had symptoms, the labs and ultrasounds are my only reassurance that things are okay.

I haven't had any morning sickness- just a tiny bit queasy if I don't eat anything. I've been real lucky!

So i guess its time for me to join the group!! I took a prego test today (im 3 days late) and it came out positive!!!!!!!! yayayayayay...so my 1st doctors appointment is sept 2 (they wont see me til im 8 weeks)...hope all u band mommies and band mommies to be are all doin great!

Has anyone had an unfill like me? If so have you had any problems. They thought I should have a total of 5.5 in my band, but when they pulled out the Fluid, they could only get 3.25 out. My doc said you do loose some over time, but that seemed like a lot to loose. My stomach felt weird all weekend (had it done Friday), and a little sore, but I didn't notice that I could eat anymore that I usually could. Guess it is just habit at this point. Anyway, last night I had an acid reflux attack that was really bad. I was really scared so I am going back in to see my Lab Band doc tomorrow and he is going to put 1 cc back in to hopefully keep the acid down. Just wondering what your other expeirences have been. Thanks.

Has anyone had an unfill like me? If so have you had any problems. They thought I should have a total of 5.5 in my band, but when they pulled out the Fluid, they could only get 3.25 out. My doc said you do loose some over time, but that seemed like a lot to loose. My stomach felt weird all weekend (had it done Friday), and a little sore, but I didn't notice that I could eat anymore that I usually could. Guess it is just habit at this point. Anyway, last night I had an acid reflux attack that was really bad. I was really scared so I am going back in to see my Lab Band doc tomorrow and he is going to put 1 cc back in to hopefully keep the acid down. Just wondering what your other expeirences have been. Thanks.

I too had a complete unfill, but same as you, the amount that came out was less than what had been put in...anyway I was warned to take it easy for 24 hours to give my stomach time to "reduce any swelling" etc..well I couldn't wait, I had a hamburger for dinner that night (my unfill was around noon that day) and I had NO problems whatsoever and until I hit my sixth month of pregnancy had felt no restriction...now i've had a couple of PB's...I would suggest you give yourself a day or two, it sounds like you have some stress on your stomach and definitely need to address the acid reflux. If you are still having issues, then call your doctor...

I too had a complete unfill, but same as you, the amount that came out was less than what had been put in...anyway I was warned to take it easy for 24 hours to give my stomach time to "reduce any swelling" etc..well I couldn't wait, I had a hamburger for dinner that night (my unfill was around noon that day) and I had NO problems whatsoever and until I hit my sixth month of pregnancy had felt no restriction...now i've had a couple of PB's...I would suggest you give yourself a day or two, it sounds like you have some stress on your stomach and definitely need to address the acid reflux. If you are still having issues, then call your doctor...

Mischievous1, thank you so much for responding. I asked if I should do liquids for a few days and they said I should be ok... should have known better... (that was the nurse not the doctor). I am still going to get the 1cc put back in to see if that fixes the acid problem for now.