Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A month before surgery, I could barely fit into my size 46 jeans, I was really probably a size 48. I am now 11 days post-op, and I went into my closet to pull out my "old" size 44 clothes, and guess what? They were still a little big! I happened to have one pair of jeans at size 42, and they fit, although a bit snug.

I lost a tremendous amount of weight during my 10-day pre-op liquid diet, and then I have continued to have significant weight loss since the surgery. I am so happy.

I am keeping one pair of my big pants and shirt forever, just so I can remind myself of where I was when I'm feeling low about a stall or something.

I can't tell you how cool that is to hear from you both.

We are STILL in the month of your surgeries and you are having this level of success already.

This is highly encouraging to me as I'm beginning the pre-op diet today. I know it'll suck....but the benefits are going to be great. Looking forward to cleaning out my section of the closet....one oversized piece at a time.

I'm 10 weeks out and did a real purge of my dresser. I'm one of those that held on to clothes that "I'll get into when I lose a couple of pounds".

I was giggling to myself as I tried everything on.

Everything was too big. Nothing was wearable. The little stuff was 2 sizes too big.

The down side is I really need to go get a few things that fit. But I know I'll be able to wear them a few weeks and that's it.

Thrift stores here I come!

I'm going to keep the clothes I wore to the hospital to remind me.

Bravo! That is so encouraging.

Walked into one of my favorite stores yesterday to buy some better fitting slacks for work and guess what....my new size is no longer in the big and talll section. 70 days post op and down almost 70 pounds. I'm still a work in progress, but it's been a great journey so far.

we're kicking butt and taking names yall! i get so much joy from trying on clothes. i've never gotten rid of clothes for being too big for me, so that's been so fun!

Congrats to everyone keep up the great job and try not to spend to much on clothing and shop the thrift store trust me you will be going through many more clothing. i purge my closet and had 17 bags of clothing and only four outfits left now its fill again.

Yesterday as I walked down the stairs from work; wait let me talk about that for a minute.

There are twelve sets of steps to my building. A set leading to the front door and eleven leading to my floor.

I never, ever took the stairs and doing the first set to get to the building always left me huffing and puffing.

A week post op, I started with doing the first flight, then two weeks post-op did two flights and now nine weeks post-op I can do six with relative ease. I'm hoping by the end of the year I can do all eleven. :)

Getting back to my original story. Yesterday as I scampered down the steps from the building in a rush to get to court, I about lost my pants. I could feel them inching down and pretty soon I had to make a mad dash to recover them from falling off past my hips.

It was a Catch 22 feeling. On one hand I was embarrassed that my pants were falling down (thank goodness I was wearing pretty panties) and on the other I was stoked that my clothes are getting big enough I can't wear anymore.

Edited by Ashlegal

I went from 18-20 to 5-6

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App