Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October banders

I know I am happy I can at least have mushrooms on mine. 3 shakes and 250 cal of low glycemic veg. Killing me not being able to have a piece of chicken or turkey. T-4 days and counting! Hang in There! EWom75

All I keep thinking is......it's only 8 more days....8 more days......and then I can't eat mushrooms for while anyway ???????? good luck for your op!!! xx

Day 3 for me ????. But I'm hanging in there! I just want some Soup with veggies and chicken? ???. But I know the end result will be well worth the struggle.

Hi all! So, I was banded this morning. I had been totally freaking out since last night. However, I am happy to report all went well... yippee! The whole experience and my pain level are so much less than what I had imagined. Staying overnight, because my doctor's cautious and we'd planned that. Have been allowed to chomp on ice pellets, which is a life-saver. Will practice Clear Liquids tomorrow. Bring on the cherry Jello! Be brave everyone... we can do this! :)

2 Days Post Op! Felt good for the past 2 days but gas seems to be getting worse. Travelling across the country on a 4 hr flight didn't really help. I also can only sleep on my back. How is everyone else doing?

Good Luck to all..

Edited by username2

I am now on day 5 and am doing ok. The surgery went fine and I went home the same day. Overall the surgery was a bit more intense than I expected. It was by no means unbearable but I was definitely more sore than expected. I am healing well and now the pain has reduced to soreness. My worst problem is intense shoulder pain. The only way I can relieve the pain is to lay flat on my back for a while. I didn't eat anything the day or surgery or the day after and didn't feel hungry at all. Starting day 3 my hunger started coming back and I am now at approximately 900 calories per day without any desire for more. I am also losing weight which is nice to see. Good luck everyone!

I wish you all much success

Edited by username2

I'm 3 weeks post op now & feel completely back to normal. I did found it more painful than I had expected in the first few days but felt a little better each day. Walk off the gas pain it really eases it & helps stop it building up again. I used a pregnancy pillow to sleep on my side at night which really helped as I find it difficult to sleep on my back.

Edited by willow15

What a great idea Willow15. Is a pregnancy pillow like a small travel pillow? I am going to buy one...just need to know what it looks like !! I too can not sleep on my back....normally a tummy/face sleeper/

I'm 4-days post-op today and think I've turned a corner. Going for only Tylenol today, instead of narcotics. The liquid Tylenol I found is the only thing that seems to bother my cute little stomach. It's so thick and nasty syrupy. We will try crushing the actual pills today and mixing with Water.

I am on a clear liquid diet for the first 2 weeks also. It does includes sugar-free Jello and popsicles, which is really nice, because you actually get to chew those. The both completely disintegrate into liquid upon chewing, so I don't know why you couldn't have them. I've rejected a lot of the Protein powders I've stocked in and have sent my dear husband out a couple times to the grocery store, GNC and The Vitamin Shoppe. Now, I think we're finally getting somewhere!

I have been fortunate not to have any of the terrible shoulder pain folks are reporting. My stomach and intestines started making loud, ridiculous rumbling / gas noises last night while I was sitting on the couch. My husband was a bit shocked.... hehehe. It eventually settled down after an hour or so.

Just emptied the dishwasher without incident or additional pain. So excited for that successful, "normal" activity! I had gone to the pumpkin patch with the family yesterday, which took all the strength I had. Lucked out that they had 100% apple juice boxes at the snack stand. The girl at the register thought I was a nut when I carefully read the label and asked for a cup to pour it in. She very politely explained to me, in detail, the workings of the juice box / straw combination. I thanked her kindly and said I'd still like a cup please, as I'm currently not allowed to use straws. Then, she really thought I was out of my tree! Lesson learned that I'll have to pack a little cooler of liquids when I venture out.

Make it a great day everyone! So proud of all we have already and are yet to accomplish! :)

What a great idea Willow15. Is a pregnancy pillow like a small travel pillow? I am going to buy one...just need to know what it looks like !! I too can not sleep on my back....normally a tummy/face sleeper/

It's like a long pillow 2-3 times the length of a standard pillow, it's designed to support the bump during pregnancy (I had a baby in June so had one) but it gave me some support & protected my incisions. Here's a link to one, there are different types but mine is just a basic straight one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BUDHTQ4/ref=mp_s_a_1_6/279-2456307-7499534?qid=1445177332&sr=1-6π=AC_SX110_SY165#immersive-view_1445177350728

Wishing much success to all !

Edited by username2

Best of luck to all as you continue your journey

Edited by username2

Good luck to all of you who are just starting your journeys! I'm almost at my 1 year bandiversary, and still on my own journey :)

To username2 who has surgery delayed, I wouldn't worry to much! Your doctors schedule the surgery around your safety, so I would be glad they aren't taking any chances. Also, this whole process is a marathon, not a sprint. I know the feeling of wanting to get this done asap, especially after the weeks and months of planning and preparing. It's awful if you have to repeat the pre-op diet, but in a year it will all be a distant memory. The pre-op diet is really challenging, but it gets your body and mind ready for the big changes ahead.

Good luck!