Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The scheduler just called to schedule my surgery, picked a date but am having second thoughts. I am going on a cruise Oct. 28-nov 2. The Dr wants 4 weeks between surgery and cruise. So Oct 1 works. Now here's the dilemma, knowing I will be at Disney world for 2 days and then on a Disney Cruise, am I setting myself up for failure? Should I wait until I get back?

The only thing I would be concerned about is fatigue. You're going to still be recuperating from surgery and eating very little at that point, so you're going to be tired and low energy. Will you be able to enjoy yourself?

As far as diet goes, it's going to be fairly limited. So it may be a challenge finding things to eat that early out. It can be done, but may be a challenge.

I agree with Babbs, you may be a little tired, but unless you want to get sick, the food won't be much of a temptation. You will need to make plans to carry a back pack or something with Protein Drinks and Water for excursions, but if you pace yourself you could do the cruise.

I was back to work in 2 weeks, and could have gone back after 1. If it were me, knowing what I do now, I would still keep the Oct 1 date & take it easy before the cruise. Enjoy & congrats!

From a fellow Disney World frequenter and recent sleever- go on your vacation before you have the surgery!!!!

I have a Disney trip planned for late October and I rushed my surgery date and had it 2 weeks ago. I really wanted to get it over with and get started with my weight loss!!

If I could do it over again, I would have waited, made the most of my vacation, and had it after I got back. You have the rest of your life to be sleeved! Your vacation will be much much much MUCH less enjoyable if you do it 4 weeks before you leave. My stomach is doing excellently, but still the hardest food I can tolerate is a tiny piece of deli turkey. Just think about having to find and eat only liquids in Disney- it would be really hard.

Sorry that was so long, but since I just had the same decision to make and made the wrong one, I don't want the same thing for you! Good luck and have a great time on vacation! Let us know what you decide!

As much as I want to hurry and start my weight loss, I think you're right. I don't want to ruin my vacation when I could wait a month. Doesn't make me happy but I think I will postpone until November. Thank you all for your advice. I couldn't talk to anyone else about my decision as they wouldn't understand.

From a fellow Disney World frequenter and recent sleever- go on your vacation before you have the surgery!!!!

I have a Disney trip planned for late October and I rushed my surgery date and had it 2 weeks ago. I really wanted to get it over with and get started with my weight loss!!

If I could do it over again, I would have waited, made the most of my vacation, and had it after I got back. You have the rest of your life to be sleeved! Your vacation will be much much much MUCH less enjoyable if you do it 4 weeks before you leave. My stomach is doing excellently, but still the hardest food I can tolerate is a tiny piece of deli turkey. Just think about having to find and eat only liquids in Disney- it would be really hard.

Sorry that was so long, but since I just had the same decision to make and made the wrong one, I don't want the same thing for you! Good luck and have a great time on vacation! Let us know what you decide!

I took all my summer vacations, to my parents and to universal with my sons before surgery so i could enjoy myself. I do not regret waiting the extra month, it was worth it

Wait the extra month! You never know what your recovery time will be. I'm young, mobile, no co-morbidities, but was out of commission for six weeks post-op. Enjoy your vacation.

You will be glad you did. Your energy levels will be down and it will be hard to keep up with everyone and enjoy as much as you could before surgery.