Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh. Another hurdle

Hi, all. My story is I had jumped through all my hoops and was smooth sailing to have surgery in July when I got diagnosed with endometrial cancer.

So WLS took a back seat while I had a hysterectomy and s million tests. Blessed that surgery was my cure.

Had my follow up with my gyn oncologist yesterday and was nervous that she wouldn't give me a release letter for WKS, but she was happy to do it. Yay, me! I delivered it immediately to the WL clinic.

Got a call last night that they can't send my stuff to insurance for approval because my last Iron count was low (after major surgery. Duh) Ive been taking Iron, but I guess it has to be back in normal range before they will send it in. Not planning on surgery til December, so I thought I had a few months to get it back up. Anyways, going in for bloodwork tomorrow and nervous that it's not up to where it needs to be yet. Tired of delays!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Oh Daisy...life has a way of throwing curve balls....you are a trooper...good luck..keep me posted.

You've been through so much, but have an incredible spirit. You are going to get that surgery, come what may. The desire for a healthy future will see you to your goals. Best wishes!

Bless your heart! You've been through so much. First and foremost, congratulations of having been cured from cancer!!! I hate that horrible, insidious disease! I have faith your body will be ready to be cleared for the surgery soon. Until then, your body will be healing and bouncing back. Good luck!!! :)

Aw, thanks you guys. It's so nice to have a little extra support.

Going to be eating spinach and steak all weekend. Maybe I'll push my bloodwork off until Monday. Ha!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches