Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alicia WOW can't wait to hear about the gender. Do you have a preference?

I am once again on the losing side. I weighed this morning and had lost eight pounds. It has been a month since my fill and I haven't really been trying. I had made up my mind to start doing better last night. So I weighed for the first time this morning since I had my fill last month and was totally amazed to see that I had lost eight pounds.

So hopefully things will pick up now that I actually feel like I might see some real results.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Myra

I forgot to update when I had the fill.

Well in the middle of my fill the rubber part of the plunger somehow bends back on it self and shoots my saline Fluid out the back end of the syringe.

So they got a new syringe, stuck me again, and did their best to estimate how much Fluid was lost and then hopefully filled me up to five cc.

The PA was very apologetic and of course had NEVER had this happen before. Being a nurse myself I saw the syringe and had never had that happen either in my career.

I told her it was just my karma. Whatever can go wrong will with me that is my just the way my life runs.:faint:

Myra

I haven't posted for awhile. Here is a really current pic taken at Oak Alley Mansion in Louisiana. Sipping on a Mint Julep. Lost 88 lbs.

post-207176-13813136178946_thumb.jpg

A big hello to all my special May 06'er friends! It has been a while since I have checked in and I do hope you are all doing well.

I am in decent health....no major complications....and still a walking miracle! My wt loss .... well, that falls short of what I wanted and expected for this amount of time post surgery! As you may recall, my first fill was delayed until Jan 07.....then my secong fill a few months later, turned out to be too tight. It took me a couple of months to get the time to go and have the unfill and the doc did a floro to be sure everything was in place. It was and yet to my dismay he totally unfilled me for a few months just for observation.

Fast forward to Jan 08 (a week ago) and I have just had my first fill since the unfill. He only gave me a whopping 0.50 to start with. I don't even feel any restriction, but he wants to go very slow with me as "I am special" Lol!

In the meantime, I joined a motivational wt loss seminar given at a nearby hospital and it is getting me mentally back in the wt loss zone. We are targeting a 2lb loss per week and I have lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks....right on the mark. Small steps...but hopefully the start of my real long term success.

I am so very ready...as I have waited way too long. I am sure you have all done super and lost tons of wt by now. I am so happy for all of you......it is certainly a long journey.

I'd love to hear how near to your goals you have become.....and how absolutely stunning you are all now!

My warmest wishes and Happy New Year.....smiles....Diane : )

Hey guys, I just found this thread. Sounds like everyone is going good or on the road to doing good :smile: I have kept up with some of you on another board, but miss those who I haven't "see" in a while. I reached goal in February of last year and have mmaintained pretty well. I have gained a few, but within my limits. I hover around 190 to 195. I am going for a TT a week from Monday, so I am getting pretty excited and a little nervous about that. But can't wait to see the results. I know it will be worth the pain :eek: Keep me in your thoughts when I have surgery. Good to catch up and I promise to post here more :tongue:

hey guys, sorry I've not posted in a while. I found out we are having a girl. Here is a picture of me taken last week @ 28 weeks with my big ol' belly

post-208799-13813136437093_thumb.jpg

Just checking in after waaaay too long. I am so glad to hear about how most of you are doing really well and that the rest are getting in there are handling their problems!

Speaking of problems, I've had some of my own. You might remember how I was having bleeding problems and got put on hormones that caused weight gain. Well, finally had surgery to correct that problem (yea!) but I am 14 pounds heavier and ready to get back on track. It's very hard to get my 'head wants to eat even if I am not hungry' under control.

I've decided to return to the beginning...just doing Protein drinks for a couple days and then gradually add back the Protein. I found it was too easy to let my hormone hell take control and I'd find myself buying ice cream or 'just eat a little'...all day long.

Now that I have confessed :thumbup: I feel much better and will be checking in to keep myself in line.

Janey

Hiya peeps!

Banded may o6 in Mexico!

The first year was pretty good...now I seem to be fighting old demons again. I just went for a fill ( the first one in 6 months) and Im working out again. I just know I can make my goal...29 more pounds..

Hiya peeps!

Banded may o6 in Mexico!

The first year was pretty good...now I seem to be fighting old demons again. I just went for a fill ( the first one in 6 months) and Im working out again. I just know I can make my goal...29 more pounds..

Congrats. Your doing great. I understand, the old demonds die hard don't they? :confused:

WOW! Well helloo everyone! How are my Mayster buddies? I haven't been on here in months. I am happy to see that you are all doing well. Congrats on the girl Alicia... got any updates to report? Hope all is well. Neal... you are doing great as usual! I gues I should post a little update on me, huh? Well.. here goes.

I started out at 318 lbs and am now hovering right around 177. That is great huh? Well... I have been at this weight since about October 07 when I was diagnosed with a gynocological condition called Atrophic Vestibulits (I wont go into gory details here) but I guess this condition was caused by a drop in estrogen and or testosterone levels from weigh los.. At that point my Gyno put my on 5% testosterone cream (topical) which has really helped the issue. BUT... the side effects have been terrible (gained 8 pounds in a few days, facial hair, deepend voice and ACNE!!!) EEK! I am turning into a teenage boy! Now I have to go to a dermatologist for the acne and be put on a antibiotic that can irritate my pouch! It is one thing after another.... On a happier note, I just this last weekend completed a half marathon (13.1 Miles!!!) in Nashville, TN and I ran the last 1.2 mile or so. I am soooo proud of that accomplishment! I never could have done that 2 years ago. It took me 3:10:31 to finish... thats about 14:32 minute mile or 4 MPH. How awesome is that... SOOOOO in summary, even though I have had some crazy issues occur, I still love my band! Getting a slight adjustment on May 13th! Wish me luck!