Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op diet stage 2

Hi. I am now 8 days post op and I am feeling pretty good. I had 4 days of Clear Liquids and have started on the full liquids for 2,5 weeks.

I should be eating 6-7 meals a day, and since I cant drink with meals, I feel like all I am doing is drinking and eating :D And I am worried I am not getting enough Fluid in.

I was wondering of any of you guys would share an example of your meal and drink plan with me, like what amount you eat and drink at what times during a day?

Also, do you have any good suggestions for getting enough Protein in at this stage, except for proteinshakes? Im having a hard time drinking them.

Thanks for a great post. I would love to get meal ideas too. I have four days post op. I am shakes and cream Soups.

If you are on full liquids everything is liquid so you shouldn't be too full after a Protein shake or cream Soup to have Water 40 minutes later. Just keep sipping. Walking and activity will help you not to feel too full. You must remember to move.

Yea. It is getting better. I am just stressed and worried about getting dehydrated or not getting enough Proteins. Today has been easier. I dont feel pain when drinking Water anymore and I feel like I can drink more between my meals now. I hope thats normal :D Its the same with my "meals", but I am pretty good at eating slow and only the adviced ammount, so I hope thats why my sleeve isnt arguing with me... I started thinking " what if they didnt make it as small as they should have!".

This is all new, so it takes time to understand it, and I stress myself a lot, I need to stop doing that!

Edited by LillyWSL

Hi. I am now 8 days post op and I am feeling pretty good. I had 4 days of clear liquids and have started on the full liquids for 2,5 weeks.

I should be eating 6-7 meals a day, and since I cant drink with meals, I feel like all I am doing is drinking and eating :D And I am worried I am not getting enough Fluid in.

I was wondering of any of you guys would share an example of your meal and drink plan with me, like what amount you eat and drink at what times during a day?

Also, do you have any good suggestions for getting enough Protein in at this stage, except for proteinshakes? Im having a hard time drinking them.

there is a coconut Water called coco Protein that is amazing low in calories and lactose/gluten free it really does just taste like coconut water!! I love it!! I'm 2 and a half weeks out

Hi. I am now 8 days post op and I am feeling pretty good. I had 4 days of clear liquids and have started on the full liquids for 2,5 weeks.

there is a coconut Water called coco Protein that is amazing low in calories and lactose/gluten free it really does just taste like coconut water!! I love it!! I'm 2 and a half weeks out

Thank you so much! I will see if i can find that.

Did you ever find the coco Protein? ? How are you doing now?

Did you ever find the coco Protein?? How are you doing now?

Heya :)Unfortunately I could not find anywhere online that would ship to my country. Things are going a bit better now that I am on regular foods, but I am still having a hard time getting enough Protein in. I tried Quest bars, but after my surgery I cant stand them hehe.. Still searching for something like you suggested, but it seems to be hard to find here. All I find is powder that you have to mix yourself, or sports-shakes that tastes way too sweet.

Losing weight though, so thats good. How about you? How are you? :)

Oh that sucks that you can't have it shipped!!! I'm doing ok, I'm down 53lbs since surgery 6 weeks ago. But I think I may have a stricture???? I can't eat not even 2 oz of solid Protein (food)without throwing up. I'm kinda happy about it because it keeps me in check when my mind is hungrier than my tummy, But it can be frustrating at times when I just want to meet my protein requirements.