Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Premier Protein Shakes

I am 11 days post-op and have yet to be able to stomach (pun intended) my Premier Protein shakes. I lived off of these shakes during my pre-op diet and I bought two cases for after my surgery. After my stomach originally rejected them (1st post op day), I figured I'd try again in a few days. I did around day 5 but it didn't feel good, and then again today. I actually got most of the shake down today with very little stomach rumbling, but then - all of a sudden - Opps! And I spent the next two hours in the bathroom. Has anyone else had a similar reaction? And did your stomach eventually accept them? I think they taste great and pack in so much Protein per ounce, I hate the thought of wasting my two cases that I bought.

I haven't had any problems with them. I love the strawberry and Cream and chocolate one. My doc didn't want me to start on the shakes until 2 weeks after surgery. I have now switched to Isopure Zero Carbs. You will need to get more Protein in you. The Isopure has 50 grams of Protein.

Yes, I had this problem. I lived on them for 2 of 3 meals a day for 2 months before surgery and never got bored, liked them just fine. My doctor finds them appropriate for after surgery as soon as they're tolerated. So, on the second day home, I tried, and could not stand the creaminess. A couple of days later, tried again and it was a little better, but I'm honestly preferring the Syntrax nectar flavors I have right now over the PP. I have a ton of them, too! But I am sure my tastes will change/evolve. *grin*

I am almost 3 weeks postop. I couldn't stand the premier shakes at first. I like them now. The chocolate tasted way to sweet to me the first few days. I know that sounds crazy because I am a sugar addict. I make my shakes in a nutribullet now. I put in one premier shake, 1/2 banana, a little bit of Greek yogurt and a few teaspoons of nonfat dry milk( adds extra protein) then I add ice and blend.

It tastes great like this!

I had the same issue and my stomach still doesn't like them over 2 months post op. In fact, my stomach doesn't like 99% of the Protein Shakes that I have tried, and I think it has a lot to do with that artificial/SF chocolate flavoring. I have been drinking Optifast, which also upsets my stomach but I won't throw it up like I would premier.