Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Down 97lbs and pics!

Had a very successful weekend this past week. First of all me, my husband and some friends went out of town to a steampunk festival and not only did i dress up but I entered a cosplay competition. I knew i wouldn't win but felt brave enough to go strut my stuff, something I would not have done 97lbs ago. Secondly in July me and my husband went on an alaskan cruise and bought hiking boots. We went on a hike before the trip and hiked through the rain forest in alaska (amazing!) and found that we really enjoyed it. So we went to a hiking trail yesterday. For some reason we kept thinking the trail was 3 miles. So we were hiking and hiking and hiking and saw mile markers for the first 2 miles then came to a split in the trail where there was a trail that was 8 miles and the trail we wanted to be on. So that's when we found out that the shorter trail that we thought was 3 miles was really 5.3!! By then we were pretty tired and about half way done and let me say a mile hiking was drastically different than just a mile walking on a flat surface. So we just kept at it and kept saying that we were gonna feel so accomplished at the end. Btw this trail had lots of narrow paths and steep inclines. Ugh! So it took us 2 hours and 45 minutes to hike the trail but the feeling was so rewarding! It's something i wouldn't have been able to go when i was heavier. But the hike made me think of my weight loss journey. Parts seemed miserable and to go on forever, like wanting to eat food during post op diet. And parts were thrilling, like trying on a new dress that you couldn't fit in before. But ultimately the end felt so rewarding and while I'm not at the end of my weight loss journey i can say that these past 97lbs were like that 5.3 mile hike! Cheers!

HW 362

SW342

CW265

Sleeved March 30th, 2015

1st pic: June 2014

2nd pic: last week got myself a super cute new dress

3rd pic: steampunk festival

4th pic: making that 5.3 mile trail our b!tch!

post-251071-14417252637188_thumb.jpg

post-251071-1441725280341_thumb.jpg

post-251071-14417252940205_thumb.jpg

post-251071-14417253037581_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the weight loss as well as picking up hiking!! My wife and I also want to pick up hiking after we have surgery and lose a little more weight (so the joints don't hurt so bad).

We also love cruising!!

Congrats on the weight loss as well as picking up hiking!! My wife and I also want to pick up hiking after we have surgery and lose a little more weight (so the joints don't hurt so bad).

We also love cruising!!

In so excited for you to start a great part of your lives! My husband and I had been on one other cruise when we were heavier and while we aren't skinny minnies yet, it was much more enjoyable now that we are in better shape. And hopefully you both will enjoy hiking as much as we do now. I never thought i would enjoy something so active! Best of luck to you and your wife and we will all be excited to see both of your success stories!

In so excited for you to start a great part of your lives! My husband and I had been on one other cruise when we were heavier and while we aren't skinny minnies yet, it was much more enjoyable now that we are in better shape. And hopefully you both will enjoy hiking as much as we do now. I never thought i would enjoy something so active! Best of luck to you and your wife and we will all be excited to see both of your success stories!

Thanks so much. I hope to have my lap band to sleeve revision surgery in the next 4 or so weeks. I lost 115 pounds with lap band, but gained it all back due to complications.

Unfortunately, my wife has to go through the 6 months of physician monitored weight loss before she can have the surgery early next year. But we are excited to do it together this time around.

@@pixieredhead - WOW! You are doing such an incredible job! Keep up all that hard work and effort. Its amazing the confidence we find, as the scale goes down. Thanks for sharing, you're a true inspiration!

@@pixieredhead - WOW! You are doing such an incredible job! Keep up all that hard work and effort. Its amazing the confidence we find, as the scale goes down. Thanks for sharing, you're a true inspiration!

That's so kind of you to say! Thank you! I've been inspired by so many others so I'm glad to pass it along.

Ugh! So it took us 2 hours and 45 minutes to hike the trail but the feeling was so rewarding! It's something i wouldn't have been able to go when i was heavier. But the hike made me think of my weight loss journey. Parts seemed miserable and to go on forever, like wanting to eat food during post op diet. And parts were thrilling, like trying on a new dress that you couldn't fit in before. But ultimately the end felt so rewarding and while I'm not at the end of my weight loss journey i can say that these past 97lbs were like that 5.3 mile hike! Cheers!

Congratulations! you look great. God I hope my boobs will be looking like that after losing almost 100 lbs. ;)

I love hiking, unfortunately I live in the middle of a Flatland.