Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

@@treniasleevedlife I'm also 9 days post op sleeve. Everything is going really well. Still waiting to get this nasty Iron taste out of my mouth. I hear it only lasts a couple days...well I'm on day 2 and it's 2 days too long. I'm also on some antibiotics that make my breath smell funkier than I don't know what. I seriously can't wait for the 2 weeks of taking those to be over with. But over all I can't complain too much.

At this point is anyone else finding themselves taking random naps throughout the day. I get extremely tired and take an hour to 3hr naps and it's completely throwing off my schedule.

Edited by julbel721

@@julbel721 I went thru about a week where I needed to nap each day from 1230 to 2. But all the sudden that need stopped. I think it is just our body healing. And healing takes rest.

I am heading back to work next tuesday and very nervous about it. Is anyone else heading back and what are your feelings. How fid you pack your food? I am not even on softs yet.

@@julbel721 I went thru about a week where I needed to nap each day from 1230 to 2. But all the sudden that need stopped. I think it is just our body healing. And healing takes rest.

I am heading back to work next tuesday and very nervous about it. Is anyone else heading back and what are your feelings. How fid you pack your food? I am not even on softs yet.

I'm also nervous about when it's time for me to go back to work. I'll be on pureeds and no one at work knows I'm having surgery.

I go back to work a week from today. I bought little food containers to pack my lunch. By the time I go back I'm hoping to be able to add egg salad and tuna salad along with cottage cheese and apple sauce. My co workers know what I had done and I don't think they understand that I'm still me,just can't eat what they are eating at this time.

I continue to feel better every day, still have bouts of nausea, I'm burping and passing gas which is definitely relieving. It's a lot harder to get in all the food and Water, the full feeling almost makes me sick. Each day is getting better thought. I worked up some courage and strength today to make an Instagram page, if anyone would like to follow my name is TNB_RNY_2015!

I think I found you on instagram and sent you a request. My name is kvoneye39

I will be released from the hospital today. Yesterday was a bit rough. Today I am feeling much better. I have been walking and sipping. It is hard because I am just not interested in anything right now

They were unsure how long my surgery would be since I am a revision patient. They said I did not have a lot of scar tissue. My doctor said I would be more sore than normal because they used some of the same entry points.

As I was typing I passed GAS! I know tmi! I had a hard time going pee and was dehydrated yesterday. They fixed all that. post-135979-14456037794419_thumb.jpg

I didn't eat much for my first meal yesterday and so they left the other stuff if I wanted to eat it. That did not happen.

I've never wanted to pass gas so much in my life lol surgery yesterday and I haven't passed gas yet.

I told my husband not passing for me is weird! I am a farter he cracked up!

I have has two nice ones so far

I've never wanted to pass gas so much in my life lol surgery yesterday and I haven't passed gas yet.

I was discharged last night and oh boy for the first time I passed gas and have been since. I took everyone's advice and took the gas x and it's working wonders for me. You should try them. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I was discharged last night and oh boy for the first time I passed gas and have been since. I took everyone's advice and took the gas x and it's working wonders for me. You should try them. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I actually have some in my bag so I'm going to take some hopefully it works.

Had my surgery yesterday... It went smooth. The pain is really bad though... I think gas wise, so I hope to go home Sat or Sun. Having an ultra sound later tonight to be sure it's nothing more. Hope all the others are doing well!!

Had my surgery yesterday... It went smooth. The pain is really bad though... I think gas wise, so I hope to go home Sat or Sun. Having an ultra sound later tonight to be sure it's nothing more. Hope all the others are doing well!!

Glad your surgery went smooth! But feel bad your in pain!!!! Darn!! That gas can be something else! Sending hugs & prayers that nothing more is going on!!!!!

If anyone wants to add me on instagram or Facebook

Instagram: sylvia_einstein

Facebook: Sylvia Flores or sylviaeinstein@aol.com

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

I went back on Monday which was 13 days after surgery. I teach first grade, so I'm moving a lot. I did fine. I was really tired Monday-Wednesday nights. But the last two have been better. I pack a ton of stuff in my lunch bag just in case: Greek yogurt, sf pudding, peanut butter/crackers, string cheese, Protein Shake. It has worked so far! Good luck!

I'm amazed by people returning to work so quickly! I'm Canadian and we get 4-6 weeks off after this surgery and my surgeon recommended taking the 6 weeks! And some of you are returning 13 days after surgery?! I think I would be panicking were that the case for me. It seems so soon!

I'm happy to hear that everyone is managing okay though. It can't be easy. None of my co-workers know about the type of surgery I'm having so I'm hoping to return eating puréed and introducing solids at the very least. I told everyone I started a diet in September so any weight loss wouldn't necessarily be attributed to my time off and the surgery.

I respect those who share but for me this is a very private journey. I hope I'm able to keep it that way.