Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

@@sweettooth2015 Glad you are doing well!! If you don't have any gas pains it should be pretty smooth sailing!!!

@@anewme2015 Glad your doing well as well!!! Did your doctor give you a patch for nausea for behind your ear before surgery? Mine did, just wondering if other's did. I only had nausea this whole time with my first sips of Water & Protein Drink.

I got the patch behind the ear too.

Just curious because it seems like a lot of you guys have jp drains. I don't is there any particular reason some do?

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Thanks @@Bigvic842!! I definitely don't regret the surgery I'm just having a minor setback today so now I have to force myself to rest in order to get back on track so I can get back into the gym. On the upside, I got eat soft foods today. That egg was so good!!! Finally felt full instead of bloated with liquids.< /p>

Omg, same here i go friday but the pain is only getting worse! After they removed it how long before the pain was relieved.

Omg, same here i go friday but the pain is only getting worse! After they removed it how long before the pain was relieved.

Just curious because it seems like a lot of you guys have jp drains. I don't is there any particular reason some do?

Mines was necessary because i had a revision. Lap band to rny my doc said it's a easy was to determine if there's a leak.

Thank you @@ChunkyChocolate

Thank you @@julbel721

@@irishaggie it sounds like we are losing at the same rate...I was 244 SD, 248 at one week post op and 235 this morning.

Wow, we really are, @@edie091371! Feels SOOOOOO good, doesn't it! Though, I just stuffed myself, so feeling bigger than ever, lol, you know the feeling... I did not plan to, but waited to long to eat and found a puree that was so good, I was stuffed before I knew it... Ugh, hate this feeling! I'm still learning, lol ;)

@@Jenaenae84 Wow you are doing really well!!!! I haven't weighed yet (didn't want to get bummed out with the weight gain from surgery), going to the Dr. tomorrow for the 2 week check up & will get weighed then. I feel like I have lost a few lbs. but I'm sure its not as much as I would like! Will see! I'm a slow looser no matter what, I guess thats part of the reason I had this surgery!

@@anewme2015 I'm sure you do feel lonely not feeling like you could tell everyone! I told everyone but I can tell you there is some people I wish I hadn't just because of there attitude, other's have been very supportive & usually have a story of someone they know who were very successful! That is why this forum is so great, we are here for you, going through this same journey. Some days are better than others! Hopefully the kids will understand Mommy has a belly ache! Best of luck to you when you get home!

@@60&goin4it - Good luck at your doctor's appt/weigh in tomorrow! I know you will do great!

Today I feel blah. Almost 1 week since surgery. My weight today is down to surgery weight. I'm having a hard time with Protein and I'm tired of sipping. Help.

The sipping is hard!!! It seems like it takes up your whole day just waiting for the next sip! I can tell you I'm 12 days out still sipping & am looking forward to my Dr. appointment tomorrow to see if I can have some refried Beans or just something besides my shakes!!! I should be on soft food!! I don't have a puree phase like some do after 1 week. I don't know what the difference is. I had the gastric bypass. Do you go into a puree phase? You could call the Dr. & see if he would allow something pureed to help make it to the next phase. Have you tried a little of sugar free Jello? Or chicken broth? I have the Unjury chicken broth & its helped me make it this long having something savory to sip. Hoping for the best for you!!

I have the Unjury chicken flavor too (you drink it warm) and it is pretty good :)

All I wanna do is pass some gas!

How's that for a conversation killer? It's for the best I'm alone. I don't think I'm great company right now. Lol Seriously though, I'd give up my first born to fart.< /p>

That was me on Saturday night, lol… I tried everything. The misery eventually passed (pun intended ;), but I'm trying to avoid reoccurring episodes…

I got through surgery just fine and have been taking walks around the nurses station on a regular basis. If I pass the swallow test this am, I upgrade to broth and Jello - whoohoo!

Hey guys, my surgery went well. I woke up with a lot of abdominal pain but it's manageable now. I walked twice yesterday and trying to sip on Water. Hopefully I feel better today. I don't like pain.