Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

@@395Ron .. Well this is it! The new beginning you have been waiting for. I am just so excited for you and I feel in my heart that tomorrow is the start of many wonderful things to come!

@@BayGal get a great nights sleep and we look forward to hearing from you from the other side!!

@thinner-me. .. Well you started this little family and now it feels like our fearless leader is moving on to the next incredible step. I look forward to joining you in a couple of days!! Let us know how you are doing as soon as you are up to it!

@@kellyrit and @avacadoPAK ..may peace and blessings follow you into your surgeries!

To all of you, you will each be on my mind and in my heart tomorrow. And as Ron always says," You've got this!!!"

@@395Ron .. Well this is it! The new beginning you have been waiting for. I am just so excited for you and I feel in my heart that tomorrow is the start of many wonderful things to come!

@@BayGal get a great nights sleep and we look forward to hearing from you from the other side!!

@thinner-me. .. Well you started this little family and now it feels like our fearless leader is moving on to the next incredible step. I look forward to joining you in a couple of days!! Let us know how you are doing as soon as you are up to it!

@@kellyrit and @avacadoPAK ..may peace and blessings follow you into your surgeries!

To all of you, you will each be on my mind and in my heart tomorrow. And as Ron always says," You've got this!!!"

Thanks so much! I can't wait to be on the other side tomorrow!!!

Good luckThinking of you today and can't wait to hear from you after!

Edited by CHLOE12

I'm home now. No real pain, just a little sore. I feel full just trying (won't succeed today) to take in the minimum amount of Protein Drinks and Water. So far, so good!

That's so good to hear. I'm glad to hear you're doing well! Hoping you continue to have a wonderful recovery! ????

Surgery went well had alot of pain under my breasts but that has stopped hurting. I'm now on the losers bench. Sw186 starting wait 240

Congratulations! You're officially on the losers bench. I'm glad you're pain is subsiding. I'm glad to hear from you and you're doing okay. Keep us posted please.

Good Morning Family!!

Thank you @@edie091371

It is 0600 and I have been up since 0430. I am all packed and ready to go. All I can do now is wait. I just got a text that my parents are leaving their home in Norfolk, VA and plan to be here at 10:00. We leave for the hospital at 1045, have to arrive at hospital by 1245 for a 1445 surgery. I probably won't get to my room until 2000 (8pm) tonight. The first thing I plan to do is get up and go walking then when I get back in bed I hope to get on here and give an update. But will have to see how it goes.

I just weighed myself and I am the same 356.4 that I was Sunday. I plan to weigh again when I get back just to see how much I gain during the hospital stay and then I hope not to get back on the scales until Sunday. I have lost a total of 47 lbs since my high weight in July of 403. 32 of which where from the 4 week liquid diet.

I got a lot more sleep than I expected to because calm is starting to set in. Does that mean I am calm? Hell no. It just means I am not AS worried, nervous, and scared but those are BEGINNING to not be as strong. I would say more worried than the other two so far.

I washed my baby spoons, forks, bowls and plates last night so when I get home they will be ready.

I had my tiny sip of Water with my small pill. I am thirsty and keep looking for my big cup of Water. I still have another 8 plus hours to go without water ugh.

Inova Fair Oaks has free valet parking and I plan to take advantage of that for both our car and my parents. This keeps the car close to get anything out of it and if they pull it up it will hopefully be warmed up by the time we get in it for the ride home.

I talked to the lady across the street that had sleeve surgery a few years ago and she wants to start walking with me. Now I will have a walking partner after my wife goes back to work. She needs it, I need it, so it is a win/win situation for both of us.

I thought it was pretty cool yesterday at work several people asked me to text them that I was doing ok after the surgery.

Well it sounds like my wife just got up so I will get off here for now. Hope to be back on before we leave but you never know.

Edited by 395Ron

I don't knowwhat is wrong with me this morning. I woke up around 4 and can't seem to stop the tears. I an two days from surgery and can not say that I feel particularly nervous or scared but yet the tears keep flowing. I am on day 4 of my 5 day liquid diet and I can say with all honesty food has no appeal to me right now. Maybe going to work will help!

First thing @@edie091371 is it is completely normal. <<HUGS>> , <<HUGS>> , <<HUGS>> take what you need now and save the rest for later just in case. This too shall pass.

I think this is totally unrelated but it reminded me. There is one thing we need to remember on this journey, as we lose weight hormones will dump into our system. Emotions will go up and down and we may feel strong emotions as well because of it.

Thanks so much @395Ron. Poor Kevin looked at a loss before he left for work. I know you are correct, there are just so many things going on inside my body right now that my mind Is trying to get a grasp on. But this too shall pass. Now hurry up and get to the hospital so you can get this done and give us a full report. We are all with you in spirit.

That's what I love about my family: I am always carrying them with me. Always feeling the love and support, through good times and bad we are all here to support each other. Sometimes we give and sometimes we receive. We are all loved. I couldn't have asked for more.

Good Morning Family!!

Thank you @@edie091371

It is 0600 and I have been up since 0430. I am all packed and ready to go. All I can do now is wait. I just got a text that my parents are leaving their home in Norfolk, VA and plan to be here at 10:00. We leave for the hospital at 1045, have to arrive at hospital by 1245 for a 1445 surgery. I probably won't get to my room until 2000 (8pm) tonight. The first thing I plan to do is get up and go walking then when I get back in bed I hope to get on here and give an update. But will have to see how it goes.

I just weighed myself and I am the same 356.4 that I was Sunday. I plan to weigh again when I get back just to see how much I gain during the hospital stay and then I hope not to get back on the scales until Sunday. I have lost a total of 47 lbs since my high weight in July of 403. 32 of which where from the 4 week liquid diet.< /p>

I got a lot more sleep than I expected to because calm is starting to set in. Does that mean I am calm? Hell no. It just means I am not AS worried, nervous, and scared but those are BEGINNING to not be as strong. I would say more worried than the other two so far.

I washed my baby spoons, forks, bowls and plates last night so when I get home they will be ready.

I had my tiny sip of Water with my small pill. I am thirsty and keep looking for my big cup of water. I still have another 8 plus hours to go without water ugh.

Inova Fair Oaks has free valet parking and I plan to take advantage of that for both our car and my parents. This keeps the car close to get anything out of it and if they pull it up it will hopefully be warmed up by the time we get in it for the ride home.

I talked to the lady across the street that had sleeve surgery a few years ago and she wants to start walking with me. Now I will have a walking partner after my wife goes back to work. She needs it, I need it, so it is a win/win situation for both of us.

I thought it was pretty cool yesterday at work several people asked me to text them that I was doing ok after the surgery.

Well it sounds like my wife just got up so I will get off here for now. Hope to be back on before we leave but you never know.

Good luck today! Can't wait to compare notes with you!!

@@395Ron I know I said it before but I will say it again best of luck to you today!! 2 more days for me! I won't be able to keep in touch after I go in Thurs. until I get home. You have been so full of support helping me easily get to this place of peace with having this surgery! Your packed & ready to go with lots of support here & there!!! Can't wait to see all of our success!!!

@@edie091371 those emotional ups & downs are hard! Remember you have me going in the same time, holding your hand from afar & praying for us & our journey! 2 more days, we got this!!!

@@thinner-me Best of luck to you! This will be so good for us, can't wait to hear your progress!!

Edited by 60&goin4it

Out of surgery now had mine yesterday VSG sw 186 starting weight 230 first doctors visit 210 lbs I'm 5 feet short. Now sipping Water so I can get released soon after surgeon makes his rounds