Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you tried Isopure juice drinks? I used to mix them with a bit of Water and sip on them throughout the day until I could tolerate the shakes.

@@sbagby1960 At three days I was still on Clear liquids - I'd stay away from the PB2 until week 2 at least. :D

I'm 11 days post op. Try drinking with a lid and a straw. That way you don't smell it. I've noticed that my smell in general is now hypersensitive.

Edited by ctgafford

I really like the chocolate Muscle Milk. Easy to drink and doesn't taste chemical-y. Also, the O Only Protein vanilla is great - I mix it with 6 oz. cranberry juice and it tastes great.

Both of these are available at target!

I was told I could have milk instead of Protein Drinks. Not as much Protein, but better than nothing. Fair life skim milk has a good amount of protein compared to most milk.

@@sbagby1960

I think the best thing to do is sit down and reread your Bariatric Program's suggestions. At three days I was still on Clear Liquids, and I was told to stay away from straws forever. We may be telling you things that are contrary to what your doctor thinks is best for you, so it's really worthwhile to go over the written information they sent home from the hospital with you.

Set them aside and try again in a few days.

I had my surgery on Tuesday Sept 1. I went home on Wednesday. My surgeon is fine including Protein shakes in the stage one post-op diet, so I tried that. UGH, no. No no no. Felt thick and gross in my mouth, the smell bothered me, I kept thinking maybe the shake had gone bad.

So, I went back to just Syntrax nectar flavors. Two days later, Friday, I tried again. A *little* better, tasted okay. The next day, a shake again made me queasy, so I set it aside, went back to nectar.

Today, I'm having a PP chocolate, with almost no problems. Now, I'm gonna be honest, today, the flavor isn't there -- my taste buds have shifted from day to day -- but the shake doesn't feel too thick, and the flavor isn't gross -- it's just not very chocolatey tasting to me.

My point is that your taste buds and experience of stuff will change every few days. If something isn't working, don't force it. Set it aside. Come back in a couple of days. And practically speaking with shakes, I like adding flavors using Mio drops or Torani sugar free syrups. Orange/Tangerine Mio + vanilla PP shake = Creamsicle flavor. :-)

I was told to stay away from straws too. Also not to drink Muscle Milk because it has too much sugar

I was told I could have milk instead of Protein drinks. Not as much protein, but better than nothing. Fair life skim milk has a good amount of protein compared to most milk.

Yeah, it's how I coped with not being able to down protein drinks. Most gave me dumping syndrome, the rest gave me severe nausea. Without fairlife, I would have been hospitalized. It was the only thing I could tolerate for nearly a month.