Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting closer to my Band to Sleeve revision...

Fatty M- for once in my life I don't have to really worry about being overweight or overeating. I had my revision on June 23 and weighed 264.8 the day I came home from surgery . I now weigh 204.4 on 11/5. That is 60 pounds in 4.5 months. Surgery was a breeze - had some weak spells early but feel great and have went from 2x to L in a short amount of time and am 4 pounds away from my 1st real goal. Best decision I have ever made. You will do great! I second guessed it and cancelled my surgery twice before I did it. No sweating, snoring, knee pain, high BP disappeared, and I dress way better in nice clothes because they feel great. Has added years to my life.

I am a week behind Titan and female and I am down 45lbs pretty effortlessly. I haven't been hitting the gym as often as I like but I walk many miles each day. It's a good decision.

Fatty M- for once in my life I don't have to really worry about being overweight or overeating. I had my revision on June 23 and weighed 264.8 the day I came home from surgery . I now weigh 204.4 on 11/5. That is 60 pounds in 4.5 months. Surgery was a breeze - had some weak spells early but feel great and have went from 2x to L in a short amount of time and am 4 pounds away from my 1st real goal. Best decision I have ever made. You will do great! I second guessed it and cancelled my surgery twice before I did it. No sweating, snoring, knee pain, high BP disappeared, and I dress way better in nice clothes because they feel great. Has added years to my life.

I am a week behind Titan and female and I am down 45lbs pretty effortlessly. I haven't been hitting the gym as often as I like but I walk many miles each day. It's a good decision.

A big CONGRATS to you both!!! Thanks for telling me about your success!!

Ok this is a different topic but I believe "words matter" and you should consider if your screen name projects that positive energy toward success.

Ok this is a different topic but I believe "words matter" and you should consider if your screen name projects that positive energy toward success.

It is a funny name I made up 5 years ago and I actually like it...as do a few others based on their compliments. If we can't accept ourselves then no one else will either.

With that said, I see you have over 6,000 posts, so do you have any helpful advice or information as I begin this journey?

Edited by Fatty McFatster

It is a funny name I made up 5 years ago and I actually like it...as do a few others based on their compliments. If we can't accept ourselves then no one else will either.

With that said, I see you have over 6,000 posts, so do you have any helpful advice or information as I begin this journey?

I personally think it is a great name. And I think it is awesome that someone can have fun with themselves and the name they pick. We all find humor and offense in different things. I know Fatty McFaster will succeed no matter what his name is or what anyone else thinks of it.

I personally think it is a great name. And I think it is awesome that someone can have fun with themselves and the name they pick. We all find humor and offense in different things. I know Fatty McFaster will succeed no matter what his name is or what anyone else thinks of it.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Just 11 more days until my surgery!!!

I don't think number of posts means a damn thing. I have been maintaining 150# loss for some years now - post revision - so I have some personal experience with both failed and successful WLS

Congrats on your approval and I hope you find much success .

I don't think number of posts means a damn thing. I have been maintaining 150# loss for some years now - post revision - so I have some personal experience with both failed and successful WLS

Congrats on your approval and I hope you find much success .

Thank you. I appreciate it.

And CONGRATS on your maintained weight loss!!!

I'm having my revision surgery December 22. The band didn't work for me it filled inside of me causing me to be unable to be filled without X-rays. They tried filling it by ultrasound but that didn't work. I haven't been filled in 3yrs. My doctor told me it was going have to be removed and replaced and I just decided to have it removed but opted for the sleeve. I was so scared that I was going to have to go through the process again but after the insurance company got my file and see I have went to 3 Doctors and they all said the same thing I was approved Asap my original date was October 26th but I pushed it back to December since by working for the schools I will be off anyway. My process started September 16th and I'm so excited for this new lifestyle change.

Any December's Revisions

I'm having my revision surgery December 22. The band didn't work for me it filled inside of me causing me to be unable to be filled without X-rays. They tried filling it by ultrasound but that didn't work. I haven't been filled in 3yrs. My doctor told me it was going have to be removed and replaced and I just decided to have it removed but opted for the sleeve. I was so scared that I was going to have to go through the process again but after the insurance company got my file and see I have went to 3 Doctors and they all said the same thing I was approved Asap my original date was October 26th but I pushed it back to December since by working for the schools I will be off anyway. My process started September 16th and I'm so excited for this new lifestyle change.

Any December's Revisions

Good luck to you on your new journey!! I'm just 9 days away now!! Nervous and so very excited!!

Good luck with ur surgery @@Fatty McFatster

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate it!

You didn't fail, the band did!! When you try to use a hammer to take out a screw, it's not that your a bad carpenter, you are just using the wrong tool!! I am also having revision surgery. I had my band removed in 2013, I also lost a lot of weight initially but mostly because I was sick all of the time! I weigh more now than I ever have in my life, and I am looking forward to getting healthy! My surgery is in three weeks!!! We can do this!

You didn't fail, the band did!! When you try to use a hammer to take out a screw, it's not that your a bad carpenter, you are just using the wrong tool!! I am also having revision surgery. I had my band removed in 2013, I also lost a lot of weight initially but mostly because I was sick all of the time! I weigh more now than I ever have in my life, and I am looking forward to getting healthy! My surgery is in three weeks!!! We can do this!

I love that analogy! Thanks for sharing!! And good luck to you on your revision surgery in 3 weeks. YES we can do this!!!

Good luck to us all! My surgery date is Nov 16th! Monday is fast approaching! We can do this!